• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Who Is This Guitarist?

Tritone

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know who was the guitarist on the George Russell CD, "The Complete Bluebird Recordings"? I have the CD, but not the liner notes. I like the guitarist's comping; it's pretty basic but a kind of low-key and classic in a way I'd like to be able to do better.

I know it's a long shot, but I figured I'd ask just in case!

Tritone

Wow, thanks! That was fast! Did you already know that, or is there a good website to find that stuff out? 'Cause I googled, checked allmusic.com and amazon.com but didn't find much.

Also, that explains why I liked the guitarist so much :cool:

jazzandmetal?

Silver Supporting Member
Wow, thanks! That was fast! Did you already know that, or is there a good website to find that stuff out? 'Cause I googled, checked allmusic.com and amazon.com but didn't find much.

Also, that explains why I liked the guitarist so much :cool:
I googled:

The complete bluebird recordings george russell guitarist

and got this website:
http://www.answers.com/topic/the-complete-bluebird-recordings-2005-album-by-george-russell

I knew you were gonna wonder if I knew that off the top of my head..:)

WahmBoomAh

World Crass Guitarist
Gold Supporting Member
I was ready to post Barry ....and yes off of the top of my head .....you beat me to it .
I was lucky enough to study with Barry for a year ....what a generous spirit and a gentleman .
NY`s Andy Polon has really carried the torch for Barry and published some beautiful chord melody stuff by Barry ...check it out .

http://andypolon.com/BG/BGdefault.html

barry also was Tal Farlow`s choice for rythym guitar on .....damn ,I forget the name of the record ,,, an early Tal record if not his first .

Last edited:

stevebandworks

Gold Supporting Member
Barry Galbraith wrote some great books for Aebersold. I have gotten a ton out of reading through those. I actually haven't heard much of his recorded playing, other than his "Guitar and The Wind". Is he featured at all on the Russel stuff? Any other recommended listening?

Trending Topics