Who isn't running Celestion speakers in there Marshall cab??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by StratTone, Mar 9, 2008.

1. StratTone

StratTone Member

After lots of experimenting and giving celestion everything I can I just don't think there the speaker for me. So what are you using in your marshalls that isn't celestion???

About the only guys that I listen two that I really dig for sure are Joe Bonamassa and he uses EV12L speakers in his.

2. Deadwood

Deadwood Member

Marshall 2061 into EV12L. Sounds wonderful!

3. StratTone

StratTone Member

Your just the perfect guy for me to ask this then. lol I normally play through various fender amps with strats and love the killer tones I get. Now when I plug into my Marshalls I can't for the life of me like the lead tones of celestions. They sound great for rhythm tones but leads sound boomy and lifeless.

How do the EVs sounds compared to the Celestions you replaced? What cab?

4. Deadwood

Deadwood Member

I think EV's give the true sound of any given amp. I also think that most speakers color sound one way or another. My EV is in a single 12 cab. I also play the 2061 through a 1960ax 4x12 with greenbacks. They have that British thing going. The EV has a clarity, but the greenbacks seem to have a warmth. Hope this helps.

5. stevie2600

stevie2600 Supporting Member

70's 4x12 with two Ceramic Tone Tubbies and two M75 25 watt Scumbacks in an x-pattern. Sounds cool!

6. QRSS

QRSS brutalist

800series slant with weebr "stan-spec" pre-rola greenback clones.