Who just got their Zendrive?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fr8_trane, Nov 9, 2005.

1. fr8_trane

fr8_trane Member

Alf emailed me last Tues day nite and said mine was shipping out with the current batch. I figured about 3 days shipping time. I figured wrong. It's been a week and it still ain't here. SuperReverb2 got his delivered to British Columbia on Tuesday and I'm still waiting in New Jersey? Man I hope mine didn't get lost in the mail:confused: Anyone in the current batch NOT get their Zen yet or am I the only one?

2. journo

journo Member

Hi,

According to Alf my Zendrive shipped on Nov 02 and I have yet to receive it. I'm located in Sweden so that may account for the long time. Our customs officials are not famous for their efficiency. :rolleyes:

Hoping to get it this week. Unfortunately it will come with an invoice for duty 4.4% and sales tax 25%. Yes, quite an add-on.

Cheers,

Mats N

3. fr8_trane

fr8_trane Member

25% tax, OUCH :eek: ! I'd be REALLY nervous if you got yours in Sweden before mine.

4. johan

johan Member

Hi Mats,
    Let me know what you think of it once you get it. I have one and love it. Have the Zendrive2 (tube version) on order...

5. bobbymack

bobbymack Supporting Member

I got the same email, and mine arrived in NC on Friday...I'd think you would have yours by now. Have you asked Alf?

6. jtw

jtw Member

I just received mine on Friday and I'm in the DFW area. I'd definitely get with Alf on it.

7. fr8_trane

fr8_trane Member

Nope, I didn't want to be a pest but it genuinely seems like something is wrong at this point. Dammit!

8. Madison

Madison Supporting Member

Two months this Friday and still waiting...I sent an inquiry email to MusicToyz yesterday.

I heard Robben Ford last night using his Zen into a Super Reverb. Holy crap, this is one great sounding pedal guys! With it off the LP/SR sounded just as I expected...with the ZD it was getting close to *D* territory, very "sophisticated" sounding overdrive.

9. bobbymack

bobbymack Supporting Member

Let us know when that inquiry is replied to...;)

Mine was a full 6 weeks ordered direct from Alf...

10. jcshirke

jcshirke Silver Supporting Member

I was in the current batch, too. I got my Zendrive over the weekend. I hope yours has arrived by now.

Jeff

11. SuperReverb2

SuperReverb2 Member

fr8_trane:

Man, I hope yours shows up. Mine was 8 weeks exactly from time of order (directly from Alf) to delivery at my front door. (arrived yesterday about 10:00am) I had e-mailed Alf last Friday to see if mine had shipped, and he e-mailed me back saying that it had shipped on Tuesday, (with a bunch of others) but for some reason the group e-mail notification that he had sent was "rejected" by his server and came back.

Chuck

12. jpagey

jpagey Member

Everyone know Alf is in Florida and that the USPS may not be 100% up normal speeds after Hurrican Wilma (or was it Rita, Katrina, or some other name)? I know Alf didn't have power for a while. Usually Alf's lead times are pretty good...

13. jcshirke

jcshirke Silver Supporting Member

The mail is running fine in FL now. (I'm from FL...my dad still lives there.) I got my pedal promptly from Alf, no problems. That can't be an issue in his case.

14. fr8_trane

fr8_trane Member

The main reason I posted this is because I noticed that SuperReverb2 had already gotten his Zen way up in British Columbia. That seemed a little odd to me considering I live in New Jersey. No word from Alf yet and I still haven't received the pedal. I know that Alf was having power issues and is having email issues so I'm not that concerned yet. The only thing that makes sense other than getting lost in the mail is that Alf mistakenly emailed me and that my pedal was actually NOT in the last batch. I ordered the pedal a little over 6 weeks ago.

15. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

I would email him. It doesn't hurt.

16. fr8_trane

fr8_trane Member

I did. Twice yesterday with no reply.

17. cmloeffler

cmloeffler Member

I happen to know for a fact that Alf was out of contact most of yesterday... he met up with Brad Paisley.

18. fr8_trane

fr8_trane Member

No problem. I just want confirmation as to whether it shipped or if he mistakenly emailed me that my pedal was part of the last shipment.

19. journo

journo Member

Hi,

I await the mail anxiously every day now.
    Ordered my Zendrive on September 9.
    Mail Alf on Nov 8 since I had not heard anything. He said it was shipped Nov 2 and that for some reason I was not sent a mail. That's 9 days for shipping from the US to Sweden. I've had things shipped from the US before and that was considerably quicker.

I'm starting to worry!

Mats N

20. johan

johan Member

Mats, don't worry if it's just 9 days. Shipping can be 7-10 days and custom...well, who knows...

I had a set of humbuckers sent to be from US to Sweden in LESS than 2 days :eek: