• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

who likes 6100 frets

Mike Duncan

Staff member
Absolutely love them! Blew through the first set on my DGT - got it refretted last with more 6100s!

JackD

Gold Supporting Member
My favorite fret of all time is 6000. Many of my guitars have them. If it's an expensive Vintage, I will go with 6100. For Fender-style guitars and acoustics, I use 6105. In ALL cases, I prefer Dunlop over Jescar.

bonga

Silver Supporting Member
Absolutely love them. I even went from 10s to 9s on a warmoth neck that I have 6100 stainless frets on. Slick as hell. Love them. I did read a lot of comments from folks on how big frets can knock off the intonation and make a note go sharp when you fret it. I'm happy to report that I've never faced either of these problems.

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
Stainless Steel 6100s on my Les Paul and SG.

RF8.jpg

RF17.jpg

SS4.jpg

1986SG1.jpg

NamaEnsou

Silver Supporting Member
Who needs a scalloped fingerboard when we've got 6100's to do it for us.

I had the fingerboard scalloped on my Strat and when I got my first 6100 equipped guitar realized that they both seemed to by and large accomplish the same thing by different paths.

monty

Big fan as well. Really make it easier to grab notes in the higher end of the fretboard.

Last edited:

Digidog

Why, yes! Yes I do.

I've got 6100's on two of my main guitars, and all the others will get 6100's in their eventual refrets - quite possibly stainless, also.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom