Who Makes a Blender Type Pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by MoStevens, Feb 6, 2012.

1. MoStevens

MoStevens Member

I'm asking because I'm playing a Collings 290 DC S, and the volume and tone controls are extremely interactive. You can't really just set a tone and then increase/decrease volume; the volume pot feeds the tone pot and then to output.

I'm looking for an expression type pedal that I can hook up to an overdrive. That way, I can go from a clean, un-effected signal and then instead of kicking a switch to boost for solos, I can just kind of roll into it. Morley makes one but I'm not real confident in their manufacturing...

2. swellguy66

swellguy66 Member

The Fender Bender by Fender.

3. ringemaster

ringemaster Member

Try this1smyne.com or Xotic Effects

4. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

The Morley one was the worst pedal I ever owned! There was no sweep, just toe or heel (all or nothing).

Xotic makes one, but it is pricey. I think there are smaller builders who offer them or can custom build something. [Ringmaster beat me to it]

On that note, I suggest trying to use your volume knob - you will probably get a better result, especially since it doesn't sound like you want to blend the effect in as much as have control over it. I keep an MXR Micro Amp after my dirt pedals, so I can use my volume knob to control the amount of distortion and my foot on the MXR to control the volume - works great and is $40 used.

You could also try adding a Kickdisk to the gain knob on the drive pedal and using for foot on the disk to increase the gain, though you might end up with more volume than you need - it really depends on your rig and which OD pedal.

5. Bufferz

Bufferz Member

6. DGTCrazy

DGTCrazy Moderator de Emporio Staff Member

Xotic or GigRig. Either one is great.

7. JRC4558Dude

JRC4558Dude Member

8. NHBluesMan

NHBluesMan Member

deff go with Dan Burgess from This1sMyne

check out this1smyne.com

9. jumpchamp