Who makes a Marshall Supa Fuzz clone?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by It's Time!, Feb 25, 2012.

1. It's Time!

It's Time! Senior Member

I would really like to get a clone of this fantastic fuzz.

[​IMG]

2. MadFrank

MadFrank Supporting Member

JMi, Casteldine, Williams, Creepy Fingers, Jerms (I think) and VPW (not sure if they are still around). That's off the top of my head, so I'm sure there are a few others too.

3. SUPERMUFF1

SUPERMUFF1 Member

My vote for this goes to brad at creepy fingers not to mention the price is right compared to some of the others mentioned. If price is no big deal pigdod builds some of the sickest stuff ive ever seen

4. It's Time!

It's Time! Senior Member

Is the Creepy Fingers a clone of the Marshall or the Vox and do they have a website?

5. SUPERMUFF1

SUPERMUFF1 Member

Brad does build the marshall supa fuzz. I believe he does everything through his facebook page. You can reach him direct at cfeffects@gmail.com just tell himvwhat you want and he will hook you up. He has a few pics of a marshall supa fuzz build up on his facebook page under photos...hope this helps

6. SUPERMUFF1

SUPERMUFF1 Member

If im not mistaken i think Mongomery appliances also makes a nice marshall supa fuzz. He is a member here his name is whoismarykelly.

7. BMF Effects

BMF Effects Supporting Member

I have yet to come across one that sounds like this.

http://www.youtube.com/v/_VnwDqK0QFc&version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_VnwDqK0QFc&version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

8. fieldsroyal

fieldsroyal Member

Tim from fuzzfaceless is worth checking out too -my mkii he built is peerless

9. It's Time!

It's Time! Senior Member

Dan Auerbach of The Black Keys says he used the Marshall Supa Fuzz all over El Camino.

10. It's Time!

It's Time! Senior Member

Could it be the Shin-ei Companion fuzz?

Dan said he used that fuzz all over El Camino too.

11. Jet Age Eric

Jet Age Eric Member

Not a clone, but the Blackout Effectors Fix&#8217;d Fuzz nails Supa Fuzz tones and has way more output than any clone (and takes a regular 9v adapter). It doesn&#8217;t have the ... girth/depth of Castledine&#8217;s but it costs a lot less and is way more adaptable (see first sentence, in which I didn&#8217;t even mention the tone control). The Castledine is nice and super rich but it would never work with my band live. Not a knock but if you&#8217;re like me that may be a practical concern. Stu himself (the builder) is a hell of a guy (as is Kyle @ BE). -E

12. jgyn

jgyn Member

I've never played through a real one, but I have a Dentone and a Diceworks Marshall Supa Fuzz clone that both sound pretty snab.

13. 66Park

66Park Member

Damn! That sounds amazing!

14. dirtytony

dirtytony Member

+1 that is one of the best sounding fuzz I ever heard, I inquired the owner lots of times but he wouldnt give me any info, to me there are 3 versions of the Supa and they sound different, all the clones Ive tried (including JMI/Castledine, Diceworks etc) are far and way more gainy I didnt like them, the only fuzz I had that was very close to that was a ProAnalog OC81 tonebender clone, wish I hadnt sold that...

15. StuC

StuC Member

I would like to clarify a couple of things:

1. I have no association with JMI, in case anyone infers that from the above post.
    2. Any references in this thread to a Supa Fuzz made by me will concern the Supa MkI, which is a completely different circuit, more akin to a MkI Tone Bender. It doesn't sound like the later MkII-based Supa Fuzzes and isn't meant to. I have never made for sale a clone of the later Supa Fuzz, as featured in that Youtube clip.

The closest thing I have made to that would be the Pro MkII with OC75s, and there are only a handful of those knocking about.

16. Wes Mantooth

Wes Mantooth Member

I'd contact John at Basic Audio too. He has great prices and his builds are the absolute best looking builds I have ever seen, inside and out. Yep I said it but remember that's just my opinion.