• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Who makes a Random Arpeggiator pedal?

soulsonic

By "random arpeggiator", do you mean literally randomly spitting out new notes harmonically related to what you're playing, or do you mean something else?
I think maybe an Eventide Harmonizer can be programmed to do something like that...

loosegroove

There are used Robotalk 1's floating around for sale. Probably just best to get one of those if you liked what you heard.

soulsonic

That's a filter... a filter with random sweep. It's not right to use the word "arpeggiator" to describe that, though I realize that is what people call it.
I think the practice of calling it an "arpeggiator" is a carry-over from Synth lingo... in a modular synth system, you can use a random sample/hold module connected to an oscillator to make the notes jump around... that would be a true arpeggiation effect. Alot of synths have this kind of thing built in now... both as a random waveform to modulate the oscillator and as a random wave to modulate the filter. Clavia Nord Lead!

I'm fairly certain the Adrenalinn can do this... and even have it in sync with a tempo.

Last edited:

Ized

Check out the Moog Murf or the Copilot Gyroscope.

I had both, sold the murf for the gyroscope cos i wanted something more real estate friendly and did not require its own power supply. Nevertheless, the gyroscope was easier to tweak and i managed to get the sounds that i used with the murf :)

BmoreTele

Subdecay Prometheus
Alesis Philtre, Ampliton, or Faze
SE ModMax Filter or Phasor
Prophecysound Infinitphase
Voodoo Labs Wahzoo

also - these all do forms of step filtering

Digitech TurboFlange or HyperPhase
Boss PH3
Boss SL20 Slicer
Line 6 LiquaFlange

roquero

Bold Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Adrenalinn III, as soulsonic mentioned- I think John Mayer used it on one of his hit songs- in any case, the manual is a free download on Roger Linn's site, so check it out

yucatown

Platinum Supporting Member
Digitech XP300 Space Station. A ton of usable sounds, if you're into weird stuff.

molokaio

As suggested above. Check the moog Murf out, the best for these kind of things. Very versatile, Plenty of Patterns and tap tempo, which is very important on this kind of pedal.

The prometheus is pretty good as well. i was about to get this one bofore coming across a murf for a decent price!

The zvex ooh wah II is small and good sounding, but i guess not very versatile and i assume it's a bit of a pain to play it in a band.

If i remeber correctly also the voodoolabs wahzoo allows you to do something similar.

once you try a moog you want em all! ;)

sodapopinski

Digitech XP300 Space Station. A ton of usable sounds, if you're into weird stuff.
dude, i've been gassing for one of these, it sounds so sweet... its size is the only thing putting me off though, cause i dont know where i would fit it :jo

Trending Topics