Who Makes A Strat Style Fitted/Molded Case

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by GuitarOne, Mar 10, 2015.

1. GuitarOne

GuitarOne Member

I cannot seem to find a fitted rectangular strat style guitar case. I would like to have one of the G & G Jackson Custom Shop cases. I'm looking for just a regular rectangular shaped case with the interior of it fitted/molded to the body of the guitar. I have looked at G & G and I cannot get a response from TKL. G & G wants $300 plus a 6-8 week wait. I want something better than the chinese made cases. I would post a WTB thread but because I am not a supporting member you cannot post wanted thread in the for sale sections. Any ideas?

2. C-4

C-4 Member

Here for now, Europe when I die. Am I dead yet?
    Go to Sweetwater music and search for SKB strat case. They make one for $159 that is form fitted and one for $249 that is form fitted, air tight and water proof.

I have the $159 case and it fits the guitar like a glove. The latches are TSA types and are secure and easy to open and close. the case only weighs about 8 pounds and is very light weight but strong.

3. mikebu

mikebu Member

4. GuitarOne

GuitarOne Member

I have the SKB case and it does not fit as well as I would like. I have had other strat style guitars and their cases were a better fit. The SKB is for a strat style no doubt but it was designed to fit various sizes. I have look at the stratosphereparts too.

5. Vic Interceptor

Vic Interceptor Member

I have G&G, SKB (which is Fender OEM plastic case maker) and Gator. I've also had whatever generic stuff GC sells. In the end - the Gator is my favorite. It's the toughest, it has the most storage space. The SKB has the best latches by far, but the interior quality is not very good. The good ol' G&G is too dang heavy and just cumbersome. The Gator offers my prized Strat the most protection and it looks "cheap" if I have to leave it in the car etc, so it's a much less attractive target for a would be thief.

6. custom53

custom53 Member