Who makes an ADA Flanger clone?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by packermann, May 23, 2008.

1. packermann

packermann Member

I know a couple of people in the past have built the ADA flanger unit themselves from scratch. Does anyone know if someone or some company is building them currently? If you know this info and could share it with me I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Pete

2. rob2001

rob2001 Member

Outside of a few guys building one-offs I don't think there are any that you'd call a clone. Maybe the Montgomery appliances flanger?? I seem to remember reading somthing about that... not sure though.

3. packermann

packermann Member

Thanks for the responses. FYI, Dave of Mongomery Appliances has permanently stopped building them. If anyone else knows of someone building ADA Flanger clones, let me know.

4. benjammin

benjammin Member

Don't quote me on this, but I believe the pending BYOC Stereo Flanger is based off the A/DA Flanger. If not, it's still a stereo analog flanger that'll probably sound sweet. Can't wait for it...

5. fellsilver

fellsilver Member

Another option, if you don't have a problem with modeling pedals, is the Digitech EX-7 expression factory. There's a fantastic model of the AD/A in there. For comparison's sake, I think the Line6 AD/A in the MM4 is quite weak; the EX-7's model really seems to come close-- to me, at least. If nothing else, it's not hard to find!

6. enocaster

enocaster Member

The upcoming BYOC flanger is a hybrid of a few different vintage designs.

7. Cobra

Cobra Supporting Member

8. JDouglee

JDouglee Member

I'm looking too for an A/DA clone, the trashed originals on EBay make me a little nervous. The Barracuda looks interesting, but lord knows when it'll come out. BYOC is basically saying, they have no idea when theirs will be done.