Who makes headless bodies?

Chris Tosch

Silver Supporting Member
With the current popularity of headless guitars, is there anyone offering to build headless bodies? I’ve got a nice headless neck and a bridge, no body. There seem to be more hardware manufacturers offering headless parts. There could be a market for DIY, headless builds. I would love a version of the original Steinberger GM body shape!

Birchi

Gold Supporting Member
In before someone replies that all bodies are headless.

In all seriousness, I’ve seen kits but not bodies. Might be tricky since there isn’t a real standard(s) for heel size.

BigDoug1053

Gold Supporting Member
Yeah - most of the body builders have models you can bolt a headless neck to. I believe you can get surplus Steinberger bodies for the GM and GR series at Headless USA. They are not cheap...

Be.eM

With the current popularity of headless guitars, is there anyone offering to build headless bodies? I’ve got a nice headless neck and a bridge, no body. There seem to be more hardware manufacturers offering headless parts. There could be a market for DIY, headless builds. I would love a version of the original Steinberger GM body shape!

If you don't mind getting in touch with a Korean shop, these bodies might be what you're looking for. They have been on ebay in the past, but the shop stopped selling there some time ago.

Chris Tosch

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah - most of the body builders have models you can bolt a headless neck to. I believe you can get surplus Steinberger bodies for the GM and GR series at Headless USA. They are not cheap...

I spoke to Don at Headless USA yesterday (I sold him a GL2T about 12 years ago), he didn’t have anything available, he mentioned Ed Roman Guitars might still have some inventory….

Strummerfan

This guy makes headless bodies.
200w.gif

Trending Topics

Top Bottom