• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Who makes more: cover bands or NFL cheerleaders?

tiktok

Silver Supporting Member
Full Story

She claims Raiderettes were paid just $1,250 a year which amounted to less than $5 an hour. The minimum wage in California is $8 an hour.
The pay consists of a flat rate of $125 for each home game they perform at but they are not paid for rehearsals and a minimum of 10 other appearances they are required to make including opening shops.
Lacey T also claims the cheerleaders do not get paid for a photo shoot they are required to attend for an annual swimsuit calendar.
According to the complaint cheerleaders who gain five pounds or appear "too soft" forfeit their $125 game fee and have to stay in the locker room.
She also claims they are not paid until the end of the season, have to pay out of pocket for their own travel costs, and face fines for bringing incorrect equipment to work including the wrong pom-poms.

phil_m

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Gold Supporting Member
The cheerleaders should form a union and strike.The fans would be beside themselves and not when to cheer and clap, and eventually attendance would dwindle to nothing at NFL games...:rolleyes:

saneff

Silver Supporting Member
The NFL teams don't pay them anything because the girls are absolutely DYING to do it. They don't have to pay them anything because the girls fall all over themselves to get to be a cheerleader in the NFL. Without any question in my mind at all they could get virtually the same girls that they have now if they made it a fully volunteer unpaid position.

MikeVB

Silver Supporting Member
I've always thought NFL and NBA cheerleaders looked and "cheered" more like strippers than cheerleaders.

Average Joe

The NFL teams don't pay them anything because the girls are absolutely DYING to do it. They don't have to pay them anything because the girls fall all over themselves to get to be a cheerleader in the NFL. Without any question in my mind at all they could get virtually the same girls that they have now if they made it a fully volunteer unpaid position.
Unlike all the bands that pay to play ;)

Lance

Gold Supporting Member
Is it all NFL teams? Or, just Oakland? I seriously have no idea.

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
No one told her she had to try out! Wtf?!?! They know what they are getting into the day they show up. It's no damn secret the NFL cheer gig is not that glamorous. I know three former Bucs cheerleaders... It's the same stuff for every city.

Rick Lee

Around '79-'80 my sister's gymnastics teacher was a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader and she got $25 per game then.

weenerdoggs

What's Up Dogg?
Wow! This is horrible news! Attn: all Cheerleaders! You can come over to my house and I will comfort you in your apparent duress! I will cook you dinner, offer free massages and a pleasant ambient environment, etc.

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
Yes.

I think the thread title is pretty appropriate in comparing the two. It seems likely that no matter how little one earns performing in either capacity, there will always be someone willing to do it for less....or for free.

A-Bone

Montonero, MOY, Multitudes
Platinum Supporting Member
1250 a year then they retire and marry a sugar daddy(golden parachute)
Not really. I've known a couple of Raiderettes who left the squad, pursued careers, and married more or less average professional joes.

In addition to cheerleading, they did some modelling. One was also a beauty pageant contestant. One thing I can say from my limited exposure to them is that they were super motivated individuals.

phil_m

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Gold Supporting Member
Former Raiders cheerleader (captain of the squad, I believe):

27sauce

I know with most squads they have to maintain full time jobs or college classes.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom