Who makes the best bang for the buck Tweed replicas?

phoenix 7

Check out Clark amps. I've owned Fender amps, 2 Victorias (including a Bandmaster), and a Clark Beaufort (tweed Deluxe clone customized for me by Mike for more clean headroom). The best AND cheapest amp for gigging by far IMO: the Clark. Played a big barroom with it last night, and it absolutely *killed* on both Les Paul and Strat. Mike Clark's stuff is an unbelievably good deal and totally 1st class.

ogredog

i'd been trying to find some info on the Fullertone amps recently...to no avail...
i've not found anyone who owns one yet...
but a friend of mine let me try out his twin v10...and it kills...
evidently...their pretty expensive though...
i liked it well enough to try and trade him out of it...

Eugene

Silver Supporting Member
+1 on the Clark. I have a Beaufort Premium and its superlative in every way.

Eugene

gi doc

Stu Daddy Amps make the best clones I've heard so far. The ones I've heard sounded better than Clark and Victoria.

mad dog

Silver Supporting Member
I don't know about the bang for the buck part, but on the quality and tone angle, Clark is way up there. His Tyger is quite an amp.

Dave

I don't know about the bang for the buck part, but on the quality and tone angle, Clark is way up there. His Tyger is quite an amp.
Yeah, Clark's are top notch, for sure. I own two of them. But as far as bang for the buck, I don't know, I wouldn't call them a bargain.

cg

Gold Supporting Member
I had the Vicky version of the Bandmaster and it was great! It was built extremely well and was very resonant.

GenoBluzGtr

Platinum Supporting Member
Check out SDG Vintage in Bristow, VA. His amps are great quality but reasonably priced.

Also SLIGO amps in the DC area. He uses mostly MOJO kits but his amps are always touted as being well-built and reliable. I think you can get a 5E7 from him for under a grand.

dk123123dk

Nik at Ceriatone will most likely have the best price. His work its top notch. I would look into a Ceriatone with a Mojo cab and some Weber Speakers.

He will also do most mods for a fair price too.

dk

Roach

Silver Supporting Member
Clark would be the top of my list...followed by Victoria. Never had a chance to try a Ricter (say a BM on ebay)...would like to.

Free

You want Victoria Amps. Mark Bair is as good as it gets with classic tweed designs. Trust me on this.

Swain

A used Kendrick would be a great choice. For some reason, they go for pretty affordable prices, used. And they are KILLERs!

Rumblefish

Silver Supporting Member
A used Kendrick would be a great choice. For some reason, they go for pretty affordable prices, used. And they are KILLERs!

+1-Kendricks started the boutique thang and still rule.Built like tanks.I miss my Texas Crude.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom