Who makes the best current production KT88s?

AdmiralB

According to Jim McShane, the new "GEC". He's a H-K Citation guru (which are WAY harder on tubes than guitar amps).

From his site:

The listening reports are virtually unanimous, regardless of what gear the tubes go in. This tube is clearly the equal of and according to some may even be better than the original GEC. It is absolutely the best on the market now! My impressions from handling and matching the tubes are extremely positive. I've tested them at 110% of normal KT-88 dissipation, and there were no red plates, no instability, no misbehaving at all. The tube is very substantial in your hand, they feel heavy and look well made. Pin soldering is excellent! There have been just a small handful of the 300+ tubes I've sold that have had any issues at all.

Kborg

Gold Supporting Member
Am I correct in assuming you are talking about the New sensor gold lions??

According to Jim McShane, the new "GEC". He's a H-K Citation guru (which are WAY harder on tubes that guitar amps).

From his site:

The listening reports are virtually unanimous, regardless of what gear the tubes go in. This tube is clearly the equal of and according to some may even be better than the original GEC. It is absolutely the best on the market now! My impressions from handling and matching the tubes are extremely positive. I've tested them at 110% of normal KT-88 dissipation, and there were no red plates, no instability, no misbehaving at all. The tube is very substantial in your hand, they feel heavy and look well made. Pin soldering is excellent! There have been just a small handful of the 300+ tubes I've sold that have had any issues at all.

Roe

i talked to a amp designer who recommended the new genalex kt88s as well

Trending Topics