• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Who makes the best Fender neck?

lightningsmith

Silver Supporting Member
More specifically, which Fender licensed company makes the best necks?

By best I mean the quality of wood they use, range of back contours and headstock shapes, consistency in quality control and attention to your specifications.

Musikraft comes to mind but have heard of people getting necks with problems like the frets are not seated properly.

rooster

They're not licensed by Fender, but I'd go with USACG. Otherwise, Warmoth is pretty good.

rooster.

guitardr

See if DeTemple will sell one of his necks or if Ed Reynolds (High Risk Repairs in Austin) has one. Ed has made A-Y replacements for Monte Montgomery (he destroys all necks - LOL).
After that Zion, RS, at al.

skylabfilmpop

Gregg rodgers sells nitro finished allparts necks for about $200. They are not the same quality as warmoth or usa gc but I have no problems with my 10" radius Rosewood Tele neck I got from him and it is cosmetically right on for a pre cbs fender. Warmoth only offers the vintage style neck in 7.25 radius FYI.

DamianL

Well, people may sniff...but i am in love with my new warmoth neck...i recommend the stainless steel frets...

and I'm usually hard to please...;)

Damian

speedobreedo

Silver Supporting Member
I've had both Warmoth and USACG and while Warmoth do make great necks they are not all great. With USACG I feel like you're not getting such a mass produced product. They are excellent quality.

duckbunny

I've had both Warmoth and USACG and while Warmoth do make great necks they are not all great. With USACG I feel like you're not getting such a mass produced product. They are excellent quality.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

-db

CitizenCain

While you don't have the range of options that Warmoth or USACG cab give you, the Allparts necks are great value, IMO.

I've got the big fat one on my Tele and it's a very nice neck.

Dave Orban

Platinum Supporting Member
It's only my own expeience, but I've had more problems with production Fender necks than I ever had with the Warmoth, USAGC, Allparts, or Musikraft necks that I replaced them with.

datguytim

Silver Supporting Member
Eliot Mechanic (Mechanicland) made the best F style necks IMHO - I had a Tele 'baseball bat' that was incredible. Anyone remember Mechanicland?

cmatthes

Silver Supporting Member
I'll pile on for Musikraft. I've got two and they are both as good or better than the Warmoth I ordered. I'd definitely call it close between those two.

I sold off an AllParts neck I had - it was awful.

jiml

Gold Supporting Member
Eliot Mechanic (Mechanicland) made the best F style necks IMHO - I had a Tele 'baseball bat' that was incredible. Anyone remember Mechanicland?
Yes! I had one of his huge strat necks on a partscaster from long ago. I remember it being expensive, but the carve, frets and finish were very good. Wish I still had that guitar..

I'm assembling a strat now, Allparts Fat neck is going to go on it, we'll see how it works out..

Trending Topics