Who makes this guitar?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by sgs, Jan 17, 2008.

1. sgs

sgs Member

O.K. so I'm looking for an axe I can't seem to find. Single cutaway slab body (preferably mahogany), preferably 24 3/4 scale, 2 P-90's (or humbuckers), and a strat style tremelo. Think Les Paul jr. with an xtra p.u. and whammy bar. Tele style body would be cool also. Does anyone make this? Or something close? Thanks in advance....

2. gang twanger

gang twanger Member

Godin makes excellent (and cheap) examples of these types of guitars. I'm not sure about Strat-style bridges, but they have outstanding necks, they use nice woods, they sound great (some with Duncan p/u's including P-90's), and are VERY affordable. If you are looking for a great meat-and-potatoes slab-style guitar for a decent price, they've got 'em.
    Both 22 and 24 fret models too.:AOK

3. Disco Scottie

Disco Scottie Member

St. Blues Mississippi Bluesmaster. No trem, but just about everything else you want:

[​IMG]

4. gang twanger

gang twanger Member

You might want to look at Reverend guitars as well.Simple, yet effective. Classy and cool for a cheaper guitar; decent p/u's; innovative design.

5. JimmyR

JimmyR Member

I have seen a PRS single cut with an all mahogany body (one piece), two P90s and a PRS trem. I think it was on Ebay. It's 25" scale but I suspect it would sound great.

You could also make a solid mahogany Tele with trem, 2x P90s and 24 3/4" neck with Warmoth parts - they make all the bits. I have actually thought of doing just that.

6. sgs

sgs Member

Good ideas guys... thanks! The trem is more important than the scale. The St. Blues and Reverend stuff does look good. I'm not crazy about the Bigsby style that's available on the Reverend though. Anybody else??

7. Mike

Mike Member

8. PFCG

PFCG Member