• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Who on TGP does Cabling Best?

js5255

I'm looking for good cables, not CRAZY good cables, but i'm willing to spend a little on them... I've heard of guys on TGP who put them together so I was looking for recommendations on 1) Cables and 2) Guys who put the cables together.

Looking in the range of lava and upward, but not crazy expensive... Also, are there true sonic benefits? If so, what are the best cables without getting overly extravagant?

Thanks!!!

TenneyThe2nd

Seems like most of us use Lava. He has several price points to choose from. If you want good but not over the top excellent, maybe Soar or the line below that would be best.

telepunk

Aaron at solderedsound.com does good work too. He too provides Evidence Audio. I have a bunch of Reveal cables he did.

tradarama

www.PRIMEGUITARS.com
Silver Supporting Member
Get an old really well used vacuum cleaner cord and use that?

I'm looking for good cables, not CRAZY good cables, but i'm willing to spend a little on them... I've heard of guys on TGP who put them together so I was looking for recommendations on 1) Cables and 2) Guys who put the cables together.

Looking in the range of lava and upward, but not crazy expensive... Also, are there true sonic benefits? If so, what are the best cables without getting overly extravagant?

Thanks!!!

js5255

decided to go with the reveals. not cheap! should be nice though! my cables right now are straight from the music shop. hopefully i hear an improvement!

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
i like lava for the solderless thing, makes quick swaps of pedalboard runs very hassle-free.

that said, i make my own instrument cables now (easy with the big fat 1/4 telephone type jacks, not so much the tiny pedalboard or pancake types)

telepunk

Good call! I really like my Reveals (I have leads and patch cables) and I think they do make a sound difference. And, the cable just feels higher quality than the Planet Waves cables I have.

Fubba

If you can solder, do your own. If you can't, learn. I use small Mogami cable for patch cables, larger Mogami cable for instrument cables, and Neutrik connectors on all. I couldn't be more satisfied.

Top Bottom