Who remembers Bradley guitars ?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by whitehall, Jul 8, 2006.

1. kimnjerry

kimnjerry Member

Jeez...
    It plays and sounds as good as my friend's Gibson 175...I'd have thought it was worth more (even though I paid Veneman's $150).

2. EdMan57

EdMan57 Member

It might be worth more.Try seeing what kind of offers you can get.Of course,highlight it's Japanese build quality.In general,most house brands,such as Bradley,have lower resale values.Even if it's only based on the guitar buying public's perception of such.

Ed

3. mc5nrg

mc5nrg Member

I think you can safely double the above figures.

4. kimnjerry

kimnjerry Member

Perhaps I'll experiment on Craigslist with the high price point (±$900) and see if there are any takers. It's a sweet guitar, but I rarely play it, bought an Epiphone Dot, and don't like to see it gathering dust. And if I can put together a YouTube video for appearance and sound, I'll provide the link.

I assume I can't upload a photo from my hard drive to this forum.

5. K.O.

K.O. Member

Had to bring this thread back...

Still have my Bradley Strat (30 or so years)

Heavy but I love it

I will be refretting finally, you would not believe how low I have worn them.

it will be the only work needed in all these years...

6. LARRY GERSHON

LARRY GERSHON Silver Supporting Member

Had to revive this thread been playing my Bradley L5 copy this guitar is really a great piece. Will try to upload some jpegs. Anyone ever seen any of the Bradley L5’s?

Da Geezer likes this.
  7. EdMan57

EdMan57 Member

Cool guitar. I remember seeing the L5 copy in the old catalogs.

Da Geezer likes this.
  8. Da Geezer

Da Geezer Supporting Member

The L5 is only one I’m familiar with....there used to be several around my area.
    I’m guessing it’s because I’m relatively close to Rockville (relatively....2hr)

We used to make regular trips there, and we would always hit both Veneman and Levins....super fun in the 70's

9. LARRY GERSHON

LARRY GERSHON Silver Supporting Member

I live a half hour from Rockville but purchased the guitar years ago from a gentleman living in the eastern shore of Maryland

10. onemoretime

onemoretime Member

Cliff Jitters likes this.
  11. mc5nrg

mc5nrg Member

To reiterate what I have probably posted on this or other Bradley threads: Koob Veneman was early in bringing product in from Japan.They used the family guitar business Kapa brand on acoustic guitar MIJ imports later switching to the Bradley name perhaps taken from the street in Bethesda. Many Bradleys were sourced from the same as similar Ibanez models but K.Veneman also sourced from Matsumoku, was tight with Arai(sold lots of Aria acoustic and electric) and pretty much anyone who would provide a profitable deal. Eventually Bradley guitars were made in Korea as the guitar market changed and evolved.