Who rocks a signature guitar and amp from the same artist?

JGD5150

So about a month back I bought an Epi Rosso Corsa Slash Les Paul and I just pulled the trigger on a Marshall SL5 to use as a practice and recording amp. I really dig Slash, but I don't try to sound like him or cop his licks or anything. It just so happened these two pieces of gear were appealing to me based on their features.

I'm curious who out there also rocks a guitar and amp from the same player. Wolfgang and 5150? Jem and Legacy? EBMM Majesty and Mesa JP-2C or whatever it's called? PRS Santana and Mesa Kingsnake? Did you choose the gear specifically because of the endorsement, or for other reasons?

ProfRhino

guilty.
PRS DGTs - not necessarily because of David (although he has the habit of showing up on so many of my favorite records :D). but because the guitar ticks all the right boxes for me
DG-30 - this time because of all the amp clinics he did for PRS before his DG came out, I could so relate to how he dialed them in, and learned a lot from his approach to tone, so it was kinda logical to try the amp he had been working on for so long.
That combination is still my country rock dream team, and probably my overall desert island setup. :love:

As for the obvious question, yes, I love David's playing and picked up a lot of cool licks from him, but the same is true for Warren, Dickey, Billy G, Brent Mason, Knopfler and many others - so I would not say these purchases were fan based. :dunno
I'm not trying to emulate any single one of these influences, I would not be able to by any means either, but I borrow ideas from all of them ...

Rhino

DRS

I don't but I'd love an EC Strat into the Fender EC Tremolux amp. I'd love a YJM Marshall amp but not sure if I could play his scalloped strat well.
And I'm up for a vintage Les Paul into one of those little Les Paul Gibson amps :D

TRGuy

I have a Fender JM "Black1" Signature and a Two-Rock John Mayer Signature.

Sorry.

As you can see from my gear below, most my gear is signature stuff. Not on purpose for the most part, I got offered the JP-2C in trade and I just love it, but don't overly care for Dream Theater.

sws1

I have a warren Haynes es335 and a PRS hxda amp which blueprinted from Duane allmans amp. Sorta close.

Ugly Bunny

I had a EBMM JP13 7 into a TC Dreamscape pedal in my Mesa Mark V (before JP got his own Mesa this is what he was using). So in a way, you might say I'm a bit of a fan ;)

Still own several of his guitars - even one of his early Ibanez ones :D

JJ Fux

If I get to own a 5150 or a Marshall Plexi(?) someday, I'd be rocking like EVH.

Yeah... Right...

P.S. Aren't all Les Pauls like... Les Paul's signature guitar?

DoomCue

Guilty, too. I use a JP-2C, a JP170D, JP straps, JP picks. I don't however, particularly love JP's tone, I do love the versatility of his gear.

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Silver Supporting Member
And I'm up for a vintage Les Paul into one of those little Les Paul Gibson amps :D

That's my rig! :cool:

DSC_0005_1.jpg

IPLAYLOUD

Gold Supporting Member
I remember at The Dallas Guitar Show years back, Stevie Ray's #2 Strat was in a glass case and his Dumble was a few feet away.
I thought "If I plugged THAT guitar into THAT amp...I would STILL never sound like him!" LOL

Jester

I remember at The Dallas Guitar Show years back, Stevie Ray's #2 Strat was in a glass case and his Dumble was a few feet away.
I thought "If I plugged THAT guitar into THAT amp...I would STILL never sound like him!" LOL

I was at that show as well and that same exact reaction.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom