• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Who runs two boards at once? Let's see them!

rp108

So in my quest to simplify my rig, I dumped my rack and huge pedalboard and now have two smaller pedalboards (one in front of me and one on the amp for the effects loop) and I have to say, I like this setup WAY better. Easier and faster setup. Less cable runs.

Who else is running two boards at once?

feralchild

I do... I have a small board in front of my amp and a larger board in the effects loop.

No photos yet, the boards are not built, one is the front panel from a karaoke machine and the other is slabs of cardboard right now. I am still deciding on the construction.

But the pedals and signal path are pretty well finalized.

Diagram:
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/391/studiomap1242012.gif

(Note: this is my entire studio setup. My mobile setup consists only of the two boards and the amp. Or just the front-end board + Pitchfactor, if I want to travel light.)

Last edited:

BoiceBox

I have often thought about putting together a small board with just the necessities and using a switchable loop to insert a second larger board with lots of extra toys for bigger gigs. This would also be nice for setting up complex combinations of effects and kicking them on and off with a single switch. The problem always comes down to the order of the chain. I could probably solve it with two loops, but then your small board has two extra pieces of gear on it you don't really want all the time. Still, I play around with the idea in my mind on a regular basis.

I do but I don't have a picture of my "amp board" It's a little wooden board with velcro that keeps a From Shape/Amp Candy EQ and a Malekko Tremolo, and, maybe soon my reverb, in the loop of my amp. In front of my amp, I have this (again):

whackystrings

No pics but I run one PT-2 with "before amp" gear and another PT-2 with gear for my amp's loop.

...and yet I find that I am eying up a PT-3 to trade up from my Loop's PT-2. Need to find a way to get that Dlx Electric Mistress back onto my board...

Ah, the pleasures of being the lead guitarist/sonic texture dude (kind of like what Nels Cline does for Wilco) in my covers band.

redbeardrob

I do but I don't have a picture of my "amp board" It's a little wooden board with velcro that keeps a From Shape/Amp Candy EQ and a Malekko Tremolo, and, maybe soon my reverb, in the loop of my amp. In front of my amp, I have this (again):

looOOOoove the sparkle beano!!!!!!!!!

Trending Topics