Who runs two boards at once? Let's see them!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rp108, Jan 25, 2012.

1. rp108

rp108 Member

So in my quest to simplify my rig, I dumped my rack and huge pedalboard and now have two smaller pedalboards (one in front of me and one on the amp for the effects loop) and I have to say, I like this setup WAY better. Easier and faster setup. Less cable runs.

Who else is running two boards at once?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. npfrs

npfrs Member

Looking forward to seeing some myself!

3. feralchild

feralchild Member

I do... I have a small board in front of my amp and a larger board in the effects loop.

No photos yet, the boards are not built, one is the front panel from a karaoke machine and the other is slabs of cardboard right now. I am still deciding on the construction.

But the pedals and signal path are pretty well finalized.

Diagram:
    http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/391/studiomap1242012.gif

(Note: this is my entire studio setup. My mobile setup consists only of the two boards and the amp. Or just the front-end board + Pitchfactor, if I want to travel light.)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  4. BoiceBox

BoiceBox Member

I have often thought about putting together a small board with just the necessities and using a switchable loop to insert a second larger board with lots of extra toys for bigger gigs. This would also be nice for setting up complex combinations of effects and kicking them on and off with a single switch. The problem always comes down to the order of the chain. I could probably solve it with two loops, but then your small board has two extra pieces of gear on it you don't really want all the time. Still, I play around with the idea in my mind on a regular basis.

5. Whiskey N Beans

Whiskey N Beans Member

I do but I don't have a picture of my "amp board" It's a little wooden board with velcro that keeps a From Shape/Amp Candy EQ and a Malekko Tremolo, and, maybe soon my reverb, in the loop of my amp. In front of my amp, I have this (again):

[​IMG]

6. whackystrings

whackystrings Member

No pics but I run one PT-2 with "before amp" gear and another PT-2 with gear for my amp's loop.

...and yet I find that I am eying up a PT-3 to trade up from my Loop's PT-2. Need to find a way to get that Dlx Electric Mistress back onto my board...

Ah, the pleasures of being the lead guitarist/sonic texture dude (kind of like what Nels Cline does for Wilco) in my covers band.

7. redbeardrob

redbeardrob Member

looOOOoove the sparkle beano!!!!!!!!!