• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Who says Rock can't swing? (Golden Earring)

GAD

Wubbalubbadubdub
Gold Supporting Member
Fabulous band. Radar Love is probably in my top 10 all time favorite songs.

GAD

baxen

When Radar Love comes on the car radio your speed increases by 10 mph before you realize it.

As my friend Otis likes to say, "Swings like a dick on a marble statue!".
I recall laughing my ass off (as a kid, circa early 1970's) the first time I heard a radio announcer say "Golden Earring"; I swore he said "Golden Urine"!

russiancrowe

My band is playing that song for our next gig. Personally, I turn the station when that song is played on the radio. It was so overplayed when I was a teenager that I just can't listen to it anymore.

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Silver Supporting Member
I saw GE open for The Who at Madison Square Garden in 1974. Now that was a good show!

roadfilm

I saw them open for Ted Nugent probably 1976 or 77. I thought they blew Ted off the stage even though I was a big Nuge fan at the time.

LHanson

Yup, agreed. I don't think it swings much either, in all honesty. It sounds pretty stiff IMO.

It's ROCK! Geez, name a rock band that can really swing. Count Basie swing.

I just love the shuffle (sorta swing) of the song. And, having seen them live, the drummer is one of the best ever, and that's a tall call when you open for Peart.

Polynitro

I don't want rock to swing, Ill listen to Jazz for that, give me some stiff, hercky jerky rock like The Who any day.

JPF

I always loved that song, and still do. Thanks for posting that clip!

Billy Idol's White Wedding's another one I just can't get out of my head or let go of...

talpa

Platinum Supporting Member
question - what amps did they use (specifically Twilight Zone)...sounds like Fenders but since this was our Euro brethren maybe something unheard of ?, just curious...a classic song with a haunting tone.

Trending Topics