who sells Ibanez replacement footswitches?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Creamy, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Creamy

Creamy Member

I have Ibanez SS II (mid 1980's) with a broken footswitch.
    In particular, I need to replace the little plastic black rectangular switch in the battery comparment. Any info appreciated!

2. dbx

dbx Member

Excellent...I have a dead pedal that I think has a bad switch like this...not had time other than to triage the unit but I think this might be a good replacement...thanks!

3. revgsmall

revgsmall Member

Is there any special skill needed to replace these. I have two of those plastic Ibanez pedals that need the switch replaced.

4. Mig60

Mig60 Member

will it work with the 10 series?

5. AL30

AL30 Member

The Switch - Cherry MX1A-11NN is listed as a "work around" for the 10 series. So yes it will work with a little "help".

Steve also has switches for the plastic modes (TS5) TS5_switch You might as well order a few extra at that price.

If you can solder you're fine. These just drop right in. Take out the old one and solder in the new one. That's it. Make note of everything when you take the pedal apart for the first time - there's a grounding tab in there you want to make sure is connected.

AL