1. During the first week of August 2020, we'll be upgrading the software TGP runs on to the currently available up-to-date version. The software version is a significant upgrade, so there will be some downtime as we do the work under the hood. We've got a team of professionals, including the software development company assisting the process. We've conducted substantial tests using backups of the current forum to ensure a smooth and successful upgrade. We've gone to great lengths on the design of the theme (aka 'skin' or look and feel) of the forum to offer a better user experience for members and visitors. The default theme will be new, yet clearly influenced by the classic TGP look. We will have a dark version of that also easily selectable. Also available will be a "Classic TGP" theme that closely matches the current theme you are accustomed to using with the current software. There is also an easy width adjustment to make it set width or expand to your window width for each theme. As we get closer, I'll update everyone so hopefully, no one will be caught by surprise.
    Dismiss Notice

Who sells Strat pickguards without control holes?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by PatriotBadger, Jun 30, 2020.

1. PatriotBadger

PatriotBadger Member

Looking for an 8-hole Strat pickguard, SSS, 5-way, but without the control holes drilled. The only one I know if that offers this is Warmoth. Is there anyone else?

2. smallbutmighty

smallbutmighty Supporting Member

What is it that you're trying to accomplish that you can't get from the Warmoth pickguard?

3. PatriotBadger

PatriotBadger Member

I have a non-F guitar with what appears to be a standard 8-hole pickguard, but I'm not certain it will fit. I need to print out the template and see if it lines up, but I'm away from home for a few weeks. I just wanted to see if there was anything else out there that I may be able to try, as I know Warmoth is pretty log jammed at the moment and I don't know what the turnaround for a pickguard would be.

4. VooDooClown

VooDooClown Gold Supporting Member

I believe Spitfire will build you one without control holes.

5. Brad8008135

Brad8008135 Member

6. PatriotBadger

PatriotBadger Member

Looks like good stuff but too rich for my blood. This is going on an inexpensive guitar. I'm just looking for a basic parchment or aged white guard.

7. habatu

habatu Member

FYI, I ordered a custom pickguard from Warmoth on June 19th and it was shipped on the 26th.

8. bojocatkite

bojocatkite Member

9. C-4

C-4 Member

I love Red Bank, NJ! Florida now Europe later
    WD would probably do it for you.

10. jasons7

jasons7 Supporting Member

11. Baba

Baba Supporting Member

OP already answered this, but it could also be that he wants just one or two knobs, in different positions than the "normal" strat positions. I did this for one of my partscasters.

I also wanted a loaded pickguards, OP, so I went to 920D Customs.

Doesn't Warmoth give you the option not to have any holes?

12. PatriotBadger

PatriotBadger Member

This is the critical bit. Looks like Warmoth it is, and that's really what I wanted anyway. I didn't know if their pickguard production was on the same timeline as body components, but it doesn't seem like that's the case. Done deal!

13. Guppie

Guppie Member

Go on eBay and search "Stratocaster blank pickguard". You will find some. Without screw holes but you can copy them of the existing pickguard. Bought some before and more than good enough quality for a budget guitar.