• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Who still using battery to power the fuzz?

Sandro

I do, but is such of a PITA to keep up plug in plug out, I just would love to use my one-spot and forget about.

What you use?

Sandro

M

Member 995

I have batteries in all of my fuzz pedals (Fuzz Factory, Little Big Muff, Mastotron).

devnulljp

Batteries, especially in fuzz face circuits.
I have quite a few fuzzes without AC taps anyway, but might try the PP2 with the D*A*M pedals some day.

charmboy

I use batteries in mine. I never really understood what the big deal is with pulling a plug out of the input or turning them off when they have this option. On my BYOC Bender, the only reason I wired the AC, was so I can put a dummy plug in while not using.

Besides, now I can put my fuzzes PLUS 8 other pedals on my board and still be covered with my PP2+.

gls500

Silver Supporting Member
I have one fuzz at the front of my pedal chain, so batteries aren't an issue.

charmboy

It's not just a matter of hum... when using non-alkaline batteries as opposed to pedal power or alkaline batteries, they actually sound more open with a wider tonal response as well. It's a noticeable improvement. There's an a/b clip on analogman's site demonstrating this. Tried it myself as well with the same results.

cubistguitar

Batteries rock. I use em in three pedals that are tranny based and they sound excellent. As mentioned above, with PP2+ I get 8 plus 3 pedals. Really I have a power tap for three more adapters and connect then off the convenience plug as well.

Anyway, sometimes I forget the three pedals input jacks and have to change batteries, but it is regular routine now to unplug these few pedals.

mobis8

I have my pedals in a shelf on my rack, and use a midi controller to bring them in and out of my signal so I can't use batteries (I never unplug them).

I have a Lunar Module that I run using the PPII+ and it sounds just fine... I did have a BBB07 in there but it is batteries only so it is in the process of being replaced.

shakti

Supporting Member
Batteries for fuzz always. I actually found that 12V from a power supply sounded equally good with a D*A*M Ram Head (Big Muff clone), but aside from that, all fuzzes get a battery. ODs usually aren't as selective though, IME.

One nice solution if you have a pedalboard permanently set up is to use a battery drawer and then run a power cable from that to the pedal's power inlet. Gives you the benefit of easy battery swapping. Combine it with a battery kill switch, and you're set to go.

Purple

Yeah, fuzzes, and many non-opamp boosters and drives just sound and feel better to me with batteries, usually the non-alk kind.

wingwalker

Fuzzy Guitars
Batteries all the way...I prefer them in my fuzz boxes as well as my Beano boost and even like them in my wah pedals...

geetarman

Gold Supporting Member
Carbon zinc batteries in my Fuzzface always but my Big Muff clone is hooked up to a power supply.

JUSTJOB

I too am guilty of continueing to use carbon 9volt batteries as the only source of power in most of my Fuzz pedals.:)

fishlog

Silver Supporting Member
I got my adaptor today for my Hendrix Fuzzface Fuzz, I will see if there is any real difference tomorrow.

Trending Topics