Who uses Dunlop Gator Grip Picks?

eclipseall

Been using the 1.5 green ones for a while now and Im in the prcess of moving up to the black 2.0.

Really like the tone that these pick dishes out very round but with a high end loss.

The bottom is also very chunky, especially with the 2.0.

Tries de Ultec picks also but the tone is a little to bright for me.

Anyone else use these?

dhdfoster

Gold Supporting Member
They've been my favs for years. I've tried many kinds, as we all have, but the green ones sound fantastic and I like the matte-ish texture. They aren't sticky like celluloid type picks, but they have a good grip. Did I mention they sound great? They sound great. I really can't use anything else, now. Luckily they aren't booteek expensive or hard to find. I have some black ones, but they're just too heavy for me.

SlowJoeCrow

Gold Supporting Member
Hah! Same picks I use. Started on the black and ended on the green. I really like how they feel once they've absorbed some sweat.

John in San Diego

cajone5

Some guy
Gold Supporting Member
I also play the black and green but typically prefer the 2.0 black. Best picks I've tried :aok

fatb0t

.71 mm purples for me. My favorite picks of all time. I've tried a lot too, including those V-Picks. Always end up back with the Dunlops.

scolfax

Silver Supporting Member
I used them and loved the green ones and the black ones for Classic Rock. Love the heavy attack.

2061X

The 1.5 green Gators are my favorites too. Haven't tried the "2" or thinner ones, but the green Gators are exactly what I like.

smj

I've been a gater gripper dude for years myself. Purple 0.96 is what I've been using. Versatile enough for fast acoustic strumming, and solid enough for electric lead... they have a nice spanky tone.

Sean Meredith-Jones
www.seanmeredithjones.com

motis1953

Just bought a bag of 72 Gator Grip 2.0 picks. This should last me until I die. If you play a variety of picks on a good acoustic guitar you will see that these picks give up a superior tone to most.

cajone5

Some guy
Gold Supporting Member
I've been a gater gripper dude for years myself. Purple 0.96 is what I've been using. Versatile enough for fast acoustic strumming, and solid enough for electric lead... they have a nice spanky tone.

Sean Meredith-Jones
www.seanmeredithjones.com
I also use purple on acoustic in addition to the green and/or black on electric as stated above. Looks like the secret's out now ;)

McQuade

I'm a black gator grip pick user too! I wear off the ends so quick and the gator grip goes away but I like them and they work for me

Wes Mantooth

Can't say I'm too picky about picks. I can't tell much of a difference to be honest...

But the Gator Grips feel the best to me!

10string

If you can find them try the modulous graphite pick. very rigid and not too thick. a bit expensive if you can find them. I will never use anything else

your name here

Silver Supporting Member
Wow... I also use the 2mm! I'm surprised there are so many of us... I thought everybody was using V-picks, or something... Not me. I love the Gator Grip 2.0's!

slyzspyz

After using pointy Jazz III's (other picks as well but they were my mainstay for electric) for 20 years, I'm a recent convert. I scored a black 2mm last year that a student had left behind that I tried out on a gig recently and liked. About a month ago bought a bunch of the green 1.5mm's as none of the stores had the black ones, but just yesterday got hold of some more of the 2mm's so I have a nice little stash now. Haven't decided which I prefer, I think it will depend on the style and song.
One of the things I like is not having to wear them in, normally new picks are scratchy and harsh to my ear but these are warm and mellow from the first note.\

edit: using the 1.14mm (sometimes the 0.96mm) on acoustic as well

Last edited:

DRosewood

I like the green ones, and the carbon fiber jazz picks. Lately I found myself using JD's Super Extreme Mega Ultra Grip Picks though. They're on ebay, check them out.

Trending Topics