Who wants a "Roit" distortion pedal?

GuitarToma

Platinum Supporting Member
I'm reminded of the Simpsons episode when Homer goes to the mega mart and wants to buy one of the big "name brand" televisions such as Sorny and Magnetbox.

jrockbridge

Did lol! :D

I have a Suhr Riot and Joyo US Dream. They are different but also can sound similar.

That Mogoo Roit is hilarious. I want one just for the laughs.

taco-man

Platinum Supporting Member
I'm reminded of the Simpsons episode when Homer goes to the mega mart and wants to buy one of the big "name brand" televisions such as Sorny and Magnetbox.
I know a genuine Panaphonic when I see it.

Grainslayer

What was that movie where the shady electronics salesmen were trying to sell knock off stereos and vcrs? They kept saying " it's got Sony guts". Lol

olejason

I've always found it puzzling how many Riot clones are out there. The pedal doesn't seem that popular anymore but you see tons of clones. Did Suhr have a Chinese factory build them originally? I would imagine it is one factory spitting them out to all these different companies.

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
I've always found it puzzling how many Riot clones are out there. The pedal doesn't seem that popular anymore but you see tons of clones. Did Suhr have a Chinese factory build them originally? I would imagine it is one factory spitting them out to all these different companies.
Really? Suhr's craftsmanship is top notch in every way. If you've ever seen their pedals up front, you know that his enclosures are all CNC'd from a block of aluminum, not a die cast enclosure. They are also powder coated, although they look like they are anodized. Powder coating is much more durable.

olejason

Really? Suhr's craftsmanship is top notch in every way. If you've ever seen their pedals up front, you know that his enclosures are all CNC'd from a block of aluminum, not a die cast enclosure. They are also powder coated, although they look like they are anodized. Powder coating is much more durable.
That is just aesthetic stuff. They still aren't very popular pedals.

tremolo3

yfw someone will buy a bunch for cheap and will repaint, goop and resell them for booteek prices. :wave

Trending Topics