Who will refuse to watch "The Pedal Movie" on principle alone?

BlueRiff

i'm not refusing to watch it, on principle or any other reason.

the reason I'm not watching it is simply that I don't care
TGP handbook p. 376: “Proper posting etiquette demands that you are either for, or against a topic. Indifference is only allowed if the thread topic deals with caring because indifference is against caring...”. Please be mindful of TGP etiquette guidance. Thank you - The Management.

danoverb

when I was a kid, it was a running joke in my family how my grandmother would always be prepared to offer scathing reviews of new movies ...that she hadn't actually seen and had no intention of seeing. Not sure why that's coming to mind right now, must be thanksgiving :)

BrianC13

when I was a kid, it was a running joke in my family how my grandmother would always be prepared to offer scathing reviews of new movies ...that she hadn't actually seen and had no intention of seeing. Not sure why that's coming to mind right now, must be thanksgiving :)

Capture.PNG

2.PNG

You're gonna see a lot more of this.

BlueRiff

I've not personally read your grandmother's reviews, but will be honest - I don't agree with a single one - overwrought, hysterical and hyperbolic as they are. :p :p

fishleehooker

Silver Supporting Member
I guess what would the principle be? I end up watching all kinds of stupid things on tv that somehow still entertain me. I also watch tons of stuff that interests me that does not keep my attention at all and can bore me. I won't know til I see at least the beginning. Usually by then I am reeled in. Unless its not that good.

PapaPauk

10 pages in and still no principle to be found :dunno

Albeit, I had to look it up after seeing this thread but, if I have the chance I’ll definitely give it a watch. I've sat through many an episode of TPS so this looks like it will also be interesting.

I've always wondered which builders have some sort of education to back up their designs and which ones are...ermm...more creative with their pedals ;). I don't know if we'll see that but, any glimpse into their backgrounds would be cool to see.

Here's a question about the movie. Since our sales and purchases helped pay for it, and there wouldn't be a Reverb without that, why does Reverb hold my finances hostage for 72 hours if I make a sale on Friday after 5PM? I don't see my money till Monday at 6PM, roughly. Can you name another business that intentionally profiteers on interest from sales to this degree? Even the lowly dogs at ebay give me my money immediately. I can even get someone on the phone in about 5 minutes, as opposed to waiting 5 days for copypasta corporate dreck email replies.

I though we had symbiotic relationship. That you guys cared about struggling musicians. That we will get through these trying times together as one unit while you increase fees past ebay, whose own greed spawned Reverb, and now you have raised the shipping prices, too. How about the horribly slow & bloated UI? The crashes? The inability to see sold listings correctly? Your inability to get payments to sellers who you've trapped in banking loopholes while they wait weeks for their money and nothing gets fixed? How about the horribly obnoxious Bump system that makes scrolling through items unbearable (with fees now going up to 30%). Why are there such drastic limits on the number of items per page like this is 56K days? How about Fulltone pedals who've made you guys so much money? Is punishing me by not allowing my OCD to be described as mint the solution for a guy making an observation against idiocy?

Will these issues be discussed?

Thanks
Really dude? Don't get a nosebleed on your high horse...

JackfromAK

Platinum Supporting Member
In case folks here aren’t being facetious, the principle is what Brian said, as far as I can tell. Something along the lines of:

“Don’t watch this movie because Reverb charges too much since it got picked up by Etsy, and they don’t disburse funds quickly enough.”

That’s what I came up with, anyway. I don’t know firsthand, though, as I only buy and never sell on Reverb.

Scott SG

at sea level
Silver Supporting Member
TGP handbook p. 376: “Proper posting etiquette demands that you are either for, or against a topic. Indifference is only allowed if the thread topic deals with caring because indifference is against caring...”. Please be mindful of TGP etiquette guidance. Thank you - The Management.
in that case I am either for, or against it - for sure!

casiotone1331

If you want to read a thread where everyone agrees, I would suggest heading out to the Dresden University of Technology, there's a pretty interesting echo chamber there, among an anechoic chamber as well so you can hear your own blood pressure.

jondom22

Silver Supporting Member
Oh believe me how we tried... but there's not technology powerful enough in the world to quell the shredders of the NAMM floor it would seem...
iZotope RX can help in post. Not a cure-all for suboptimal production audio, but can really do a lot for situations with high noise floors.

As far as shoot days, nothing will beat a dedicated production sound recordist with a hypercardiod boom mics like a sennheiser MKH-50 or 416, of Sanken CS3E, and a well placed cos-11.

ENG rigs are always difficult to get good prod audio since you have to worry about shooting and monitoring audio simultaneously and don’t have the luxury of booming and making adjustments to mic placement or gain on the fly.

Looking forward to watching the film!

jondom22

Silver Supporting Member
I really don’t understand how people on the largest forum for guitar effects, who obsess over guitar effects, would not watch a film about guitar effects??

It’d be one thing if it was a fluff piece, but from all indications it seems like the filmmakers did their homework and got a lot of pedal makers to discuss their origins and designs. But I’ll wait to watch it before offering any critique.

Hope they got interviews with the moog folks cos the foogers to me are at the tip top of sound and creativity.

Trending Topics