Whoo, I got my ..

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dirtypool, Jul 14, 2006.

1. dirtypool

dirtypool Member

Amersfoort, near Amsterdam, the Netherlands, Europ
    ..ready to ship out in 2 weeks-mail from Hermida Audio on the Zendrive 2 , the day before yesterday:dude
    I thought he had forgotten about my order (September 2005) but me and 9 other got the mail.

Very curious now :crazy

2. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

ouch, I just got on the list last month...that hurts.

3. drolling

drolling Member

Yeah, me too. I had COMPLETELY forgotten about getting on that list last year and I've bought (and sold) so many great overdrives since then that I GAVE UP my place to the next person in line..

I'm not cured - I've just transferred my fixation from dirt boxes to delay boxes. I WILL NOT be giving up my Echoczar when I eventually get the call from Ed!

4. trumpus

trumpus Supporting Member

I've been on the list since March - damn, i guess I've got a ways to go.

One question though - how come Paul Cochrane has a turnaround time of 8 to 12 weeks, and some builders (who do this for a living) have turnaround time's over 6 months to a year!? Is it REALLY that time consuming to build an OD pedal? I know Paul said he had hundreds of Tim/Timmy orders, and the wait time is still roughly the same (barring any issues with enclosures).

This doesn't make sense to me? Does Alf really have that many more orders than Paul that he needs 8 months to get to them? Are his pedals that much more complex?

Brian

5. fatback

fatback Member

It'll be worth the wait.

:)

6. 20forSeven

20forSeven Member

I wonder the same thing.

7. Traintrack

Traintrack Coolest Member Award Aug 2009 Silver Supporting Member

I ordered (sent an email and received conformation) march also, I am looking at Christmas. I have forgot about it already.

If I were making boxes, I would bulk up on parts, hire help and Blow out my list ASAP. I would rather have the cash then an order list.

Then I would develope the GREATEST O/D ever with my new resources... So Great that EVERYONE would buy it.

I have these dreams alot, ask my pet Tiger he will tell you.

8. dirtypool

dirtypool Member

I think everything depends on howmuch time a builder wants to spend building, in the time he's not working for his boss or spending with his family.
    Or developing other stuff.
    And supply of parts of course.

If you want a pedal that sounds different than the others, that might take a while to develop

And all those phonecalls and email you have to answer properly, consumes some time too :)

9. GtrWiz

GtrWiz Member

also, don't forget that Alf had a major set-back last fall with the Hurricane, then the ZenDrive was reviewed in at least 2 major guitar magazines in the same month. January I think... makes sense to me...

10. dirtypool

dirtypool Member

Ah, I thought it was September but I just found out that I mailed Alfonso August 13th.
    So :)