• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Who's going to Nashville NAMM?

Dana Olsen

Platinum Supporting Member
My Sig O, wife and GF (GRIN - all the same gal) is taking several weeks off at the end of summer to go to Burning Man. I can't take time off then, and she can't take anymore time off work after the 3 weeks, so if I want a vacation this year, I'm on my own.

I decided therefore to cross something off my bucket list. I've never been to Nashville Summer NAMM, so I'm going this year. I'm flying myself back there, staying in a BnB, all at my expense. I'll be demoing guitars for super relic T style guitar builder Charles Whitfill.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I'm volunteering, it's an unpaid position - just so everyone knows. I own a Whitfill T style I bought two years ago and received a year and a half ago - no discount. Charles makes some damn nice guitars. He could use a guitar player there, and I need someone to get me a pass - it's a match made in heaven.

Anybody else going? Stop by Whitfill Guitars and say "HI" - Booth number 1645, Hall B. It'll be a blast - a really humid, really hot blast!

Happy 4th of July, Dana O.

shikawkee

The One True King
Yeah, I'll be there. Just trying to keep it to as few threads as possible <g>.

Dana Olsen

I go every year to Anaheim for Winter NAMM, sometimes 'working', sometimes not, every year since the mid 90's, so I hear you - it IS exciting the first time. It's a lot "more of the same" in successive years. This is only my first time to Summer NAMM.

This time it's sort of half 'n half - A little work, a little being a NAMM tourist and a little going to events, jams, etc. I play some twang and honky tonk, so Nashville is one of the "Mecca" locations, at least historically, for that style. And Tennessee is one of the states I've never had the opportunity to visit or gig in - amazing. Even though I'll only be in Nashville, I'm looking forward to going to Robert's Western Wear and meeting Don Kelly, and doing a couple other touristy things - eating Bar-b-que, for instance. Whitfill says Brent Mason, Vince Gill, Jack Pearson and many others come, and that's real interesting to me - they're all excellent players. Hoping to hear some inspirational playing too, maybe learn something too. (GRIN)

Thanks, Dana O.

Last edited:

TNJ

Gold Supporting Member
Have fun, Dana!
I've never been to Summer NAMM...but Nashville is everything you think it is, musically.
It's all there.

S.
j

Dana Olsen

Well, I'm leaving Wed am from LAX. I've never been to Nashville, and I'm totally looking forward to being there and to Summer NAMM.

If you're going, c'ya there. I'll be at the Charles Whitfill Booth 1645 in Hall B.

Thanks, Dana O.

Well, I'm leaving Wed am from LAX. I've never been to Nashville, and I'm totally looking forward to being there and to Summer NAMM.

If you're going, c'ya there. I'll be at the Charles Whitfill Booth 1645 in Hall B.

Thanks, Dana O.
dude I totally met you there yesterday!

Dana Olsen

So cool that you dropped by the Whitfill booth. I was stoked - it's great to meet the bruthas!

The Nashville show is so mech smaller and lower key than the Anaheim show. People are very friendly too, as though they were happy to be there (GRIN).

Thanks for stopping by, Dana O.

Inoshishi

Supporting Member
Really enjoyed the Bill Asher demo. I sure would like to see a Whitfill demo by you, particularly on a slimline.
Great playing!

Trending Topics