Who's got a D'Lite ODS...waddaya think?

Frenster

Put your Rock Face on!
I'm right on the edge of ordering one. Heard them at NAMM and the clips on the site are excellent.

phalanges

I have two, (kit builds) and if I could afford to, I'd have the menschen at Brownnote build me one of their special blends. Not that they're overly pricey;
about 2k. Killer amps.

rickc007

Gold Supporting Member
Me too, got a CD with at NAMM, and like the D'Lite the best, may spring for kit myself

mcgriff420

+1 having Moss and Normster build it for you.

I had one Moss had built with 6L6's, good wide range of tones, super flexable amp.

The thing to remember about their clips is that they are 'killer' players. The amp can reproduce those tones but don't expect to play like them guys :AOK

codyj84

Ive got one.... 6L6s for 35W. Built by JamesO here on the forum. It'll come up in a search. Great amp, great custom cab!

Wouldnt trade it for anything. Took me a bit to get it dialed in, but its a keeper for sure!

rgee27

Supporting Member
Likewise...spoke with Moss at NAMM. Can't decide on D'lite 22/33 or 44 with HRM option. Does anyone here have one with the HRM tonestack?

Texsunburst59

Just talked to Moss today, and I'm going with a D'Lite 44 head with all the fixn's . It's going to be the "ODE" model. He's said it should be built and sent out in about a month. I'm in the top 10 on the list right now so I guess we'll see.I'll be patiently waiting. :D

jspax7

If you have the time and patience, and want to learn what makes the amp tick, building your own is a great experience. Some great mod recipes are being shared for the adventurous types.

If you just want a great amp, have them build you one. You won't be disappointed. I have an ODE prototype, and have played 2 newer amps and an HRM. The Brown Note guys are not sitting still. Every new amp sounds better than the last one.

I expect business should be picking up for Brown Note now... :BEER

dougk

Silver Supporting Member
Brownnote is sorta local for me (about 25 minutes away) and got to play Lorens (he was at NAMM with them) d'lite 22.

suffice it to say, I think after my encore it'll be the next thing I order :D

Frenster

Put your Rock Face on!
Hey Brownnote...it was great to meet you guys the other day! Had fun playing "Donna Lee" with Chuck as well! Now I want one of yer dern amps!

I'll call.

jspax7

It's a voicing tuned to those with aged canine auditory senses :rolleyes:
Woof!

I noticed on the Brown Note site that there is a super mod kit available. (It's in the DIY link with the kits) The kit apparently covers the Bluesmaster PI and Dogears mods.

I'm all over that.

Ed Alvarado

Tomorrow will be 7 weeks since I ordered my 44 so hopefully soon. Jonsin doesn't even describe how I feel.

brownnote

Tomorrow will be 7 weeks since I ordered my 44 so hopefully soon. Jonsin doesn't even describe how I feel.
Hey Ed, NAMM set us back a week, but we're crankin' em out and you're at the top of the list...along with a couple of other guys whose amps are finished but gave us their blessing to take them to NAMM for demos...you guys know who you are...THANKS!!

Frenster

Put your Rock Face on!
Can you tell me what these different mods do? There's some info, but I'm missing some descriptions, like the Bluesmaster PI and Dogears mods, etc.

brownnote

Can you tell me what these different mods do? There's some info, but I'm missing some descriptions, like the Bluesmaster PI and Dogears mods, etc.
My take:

Bluesmaster PI loosens up the power section a little, gives it some purr and changes the harmonics a bit.

dogears mods impart a thick chewy quality to the OD

Trending Topics