Who's Got Love For MI-Audio Blues Pro??

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 58lespaulman, Dec 19, 2005.

1. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

I just ordered the Blues Pro after hearing the awesome audio clips on the MI-Audio's website.. What a great sounding pedal from what I can tell.. Can anybody tell me more about the Blues Pro??

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL
    http://www.wetanimal.net

2. jeak

jeak Member

This old thread has my thoughts on the Pro. I have since sold mine to fund another purchase, but I plan to buy another someday. It's still among my favorite ODs.

3. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

4. mischultz

mischultz Member

Had one for a while. Nice and dense, grindy. The bass boost, while intentional and exactly as advertised, was a little much for my rig. Which was too bad, because I really did and do like everything else about it. It may be worth trying again at some point, or maybe hitting the Blue Boy.

Michael

5. Jim Martin

Jim Martin Member

It's my favorite TS-style pedal; I like it even better than the big name modded tubescreamers. And a great price.

6. erksin

erksin Member

That's the one thing that keeps me from trying the BP - the heavy bass...

With the Blue Boy, you can dial in as much or as little as you want.

7. Frosty

Frosty Member

I love mine. I actually find it to be similar to the Clay Jones OD in some ways. It is FAT, warm, smooth, lots of gain available and sustains like crazy.

8. JUS1BEER

JUS1BEER Member

I like mine, not thin sounding at all, clear with plenty of gain. I run mine before my Fulltone 2 and it sounds good. Punch those two pedals with my Barber Tone press and instant singing lead. I adjust the tone knobs on both pedals and it does not get too dark for me. I think you will like it.
    Allen

9. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

Just as you did, I just last week heard those clips, and ordered one.

Did you order from MI Audio? If so, do you know what the lead time is for getting the pedals ? Do they have them in stock, or?

10. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

I ordered all my pedals from Tonefactor.com off of Brad. He is a very nice and prompt. You will recieve them in two days. And I think MusicToys has them in stock right now also.

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL
    http://www.phensic.com

11. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

Just got a prompt reply from MI Audio, from Michael. Shipped! Yeah!
    Really looking forward to it. Michael replied within a day of my sending email (and I'm 9 hours ahead in time from the west coast, so even less really).

12. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Please report back on what you think, and I'll do the same.. Glad it shipped dude. Can anybody else tell us what they think of the Blues Pro???

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL

13. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

Shane, if the boostier works great with your rig, the blues pro will blow your mind!!! I love mine. The flavor of overdrive is very nice and I am suprised this pedal isn't talked about as much if not more than the blues boy! It is different from anything else i have played. Enjoy the awesome pedal!

14. kstrat62

kstrat62 Member

I picked up a blues pro back in Aug. and I love it! There isn't a bad setting on it. It sounds great with the drive set low or high. It has knocked 2 very good pedals off my board! I use it for my dirty blues and southern rock tones. I've toyed with the idea of getting a second one and setting it for a lower drive but my LTD would have to go and I'm not ready to do that!

15. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

This is great news guys. It should be here today. I love pedal GAS!!

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL

16. SteveVHT

SteveVHT Member

By far one of my favorite pedals. I also have a ton of his other pedals including 4 of the prototype pedals, which are now known as the Blues Pro.
    Very versatile.
    Steve

17. Madsman

Madsman Member

This is my go-to overdrive with the Flexi and my Les Paul. It gets me anywhere I need to be. Best I've tried so far.

18. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Guys, I just recieved the BP today and It fu&%ck^ing blew me away. I can't tell you guys how pleased I am that I bought this $89.00 awesome overdrive. It's dynamic, yet has compression, and it has bite with the tone knob. I hate making statments like this when I've only had the pedal for a day, but It's my favorite so far. It's by far the best overdrive I've heard for blues. SRV would have loved this one. And the bass boost people talk about is very subtle, it just sounds like you have a better bass response instead of that usual mid hump that people talk about.. The output is out of this world, I have it set at 12:00 and thats well enough boost for me. This and the Timmy will be my go to overdrives on tour with my band, thank you Michael. I cannot believe how little box this pedal is, and such a big sound comes out of this wee little box. It's smaller than a MXR box if you can believe that. WOW! WOW!

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL

19. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

Glad you like it. I like actually using the overdrive it has a very nice voicing to it (reminds me of derek trucks solo material). Smooth but with a subtle compression, and a little bite can be added with the tone knob. SWEET!

20. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

I played the BP all last night and I really do love this pedal.. Your right there is something special about the overdrive in this pedal and how it's voiced..I feel the urge to go buy a couple more. I don't want to lose this sound. This pedal is a no brainer.

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL