Who's Keeping and who's returning your Blackheart?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jamison162, Feb 24, 2008.

1. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

I know a lot of us bought these when they had the rebate going a couple weeks ago. Who has decided to keep and who' is/has returned theirs and why? I'm undecided....hehehe.

2. III

III Member

I got the head just to have some natural full volume break up when playing along with records. My first EL84 amp too.

I'm keeping mine... it's fun.

3. knn123

knn123 Member

I'm curious too. Guess it well all depend on the reviews of the BH15 when it comes out. The BH5 seems to have some tone magic about it for its size and smaller design. Well be interesting to see if the BH15 well with the add'd features and tubes.. Km

4. mxr2000

mxr2000 Member

If you love vintage 70's sound you gonna love it

5. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

My only issue with it so far is that it doesn't seem to take pedals well. At least my pedals compared to running through the RV50 clean channel.

6. lennon08

lennon08 Member

I ordered one. As I waited the 2 months to get it I changed my mind and bought a DrZ Mini head instead. Yeah, it was a bit more but so far so good.

7. km1959

km1959 Member

I have a 5 watter that I picked up for home use because I was using a '72 Superlead that was attenuated. Does it sound as good? No, not as 'rich' as the Marshall but after two minutes of playing it it seems to. Cool little amp - I am keeping mine. It is cheaper than a lot of pedals and much more useful - a no brainer.

8. mxr2000

mxr2000 Member

word

9. 3th3r

3th3r Member

I'm sending back the BH 12" combo I ordered from Music 123 recently. The speaker had an strange and annoying buzz as the notes decayed. This wasn't immediately noticeable, especially when playing with distortion, but when playing clean it was apparent that there was something wrong with the speaker.

When I used an external cab with a different speaker, the buzz was gone, and sounded great. I don't want to deal with changing speakers, so back it's going.

10. Spudman

Spudman Member

I've had the head for a couple of months now. No regrets and I'm never getting rid of it. I don't use my Epi Valve Jr. anymore.
    The head with a good cabinet is sweet.

11. Zim

Zim Member

No issues with my combo. I like it a lot. Nice lttle tone guy. Works well w/ vol on the guitar. I haven't noticed any thing w/ the speaker.... And it seemed to do well with my pedals, but I hven't used them much with it yet. I have had fun with just my Hamer and the amp or my Legacy and the amp.

12. JoshuaTSP

JoshuaTSP Senior Member

Apparently there are mods for these too.....just like the Valve Jr.

13. Bryan29

Bryan29 Supporting Member

I have the 5W. I love it. Perfect for the house and small applications. Breaks up great and takes all my pedals without a fuss. I'm running mine with an Avatar G112 w/ Ann Celestion and it's super.

14. jimmydeuce

jimmydeuce Member

I got the head today. I'm still changing tubes, speakers and cabs around to see what I like best but I think it's gonna be a great little amp.

15. The Pup

The Pup Supporting Member

16. OM Flyer

OM Flyer Member