Who's ordered a BJF in the last 6 months?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Goodwood Audio, May 13, 2008.

1. Goodwood Audio

Goodwood Audio Member

I'm getting a little nervous about my order.
    Has anyone ordered in the last 6 months and received their pedal?

Cheers.

2. OOG

OOG Member

if you order and get one of Bjorn's
    hand made
    one at a time
    pedals in 6 months
    you're...

not of this world

they take a while

3. thisfire

thisfire Supporting Member

Yea, give it some time. Bjorn is a class act, and you'll get your pedal...it just takes a little bit of time, magic, and love :)

4. DocRock

DocRock Supporting Member

Have you tried contacting the dealer with whom you placed your order?

5. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

I placed an order for one of their fuzzes almost a year ago. Even when placing the order, the dealer I ordered it from was up front and mentioned they had "no idea" when the thing would come, they couldn't ballpark an estimate, might be a year, might be less...

So I went in with eyes open, placed the order. Time came and went. I went from being a young man (relatively) to and old-timer with rheumatism...then I heard they expected a "shipment" but they never know what is in it til they open it up. The "shipment" came I guess..but my fuzz wasn't part of it, and I never saw the quantity box go back up (meaning they have less than one of any BJF pedal...that is ZERO) and I finally decided that the genius Bjørn can keep his pedals. I wish him well, and in some cases don't mind being on a list for more than a year (I did the Zendrive two different times, and a mosferatu...Also Aquavibe, etc.)
    But the difference there is that you get SOME kind of progress report...some kind of idea even if it is a LONG time, when you have a chance at getting your pedal. You also don't (as I did here) pay in advance.

No pedal is worth paying, not getting even a shred of an idea when you possibly might (if ever!) get it, and not even the courtesy of some kind of estimate. No pedal is worth that to me. Others are free to think it is fine, but I cancelled. If I saw a CAF fuzz somewhere and it was a reasonable price I'd pick one up...but I won't be tying up money to a maker that can't even give an estimate, or guarantee that I will get one before I die.

6. Goodwood Audio

Goodwood Audio Member

When I ordered I was told 8 weeks. It's now been close to 6 months. As posted above, I'm a little worried that I havn't received a progress report. Especially as you have to pay up front. I guess I'll have to stay patient.

7. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Biggus Bearfootus Vendor

I dont know how long ago some of these were - but the dealers are not supposed to be taking prepaid orders ... this was a problem about a year ago, it shouldnt be now ---

email Harri at www.custom-sounds.com if you are having the slightest bit of trouble ...:YinYang

8. strings2wood

strings2wood Supporting Member

Harri @ Custom Sounds emailed me a few days ago in response to an enquiry regarding an EGDM I prepaid and ordered.

He said Bjorn has been flat out working on a new Mad Professor amp and that this was where alot of his time has been taken up recently as he wants to get it finished.

Harri and all @ Custom Sounds are fantastic in all aspects of Customer relations. He said that Custom Sounds were expecting a new shipment of BJFE pedals to arrive in a few weeks after the amp had been completed.

Owning a PGC and a HB I believe the patience is well rewarded when the pedal arrives.

The same is true of the TIM and timmy from Paul Cochrane, the KOT from Analog Mike, the Eternity from Sean etc. etc.

9. Csapo

Csapo Gold Supporting Member

Good to hear. I ordered a HB about 2 months ago from Custom Sounds. They also have been very upfront with me regarding timelines.

10. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

I don't know about the others, in my case, it wasn't strictly prepaid. I had traded in equipment, and gotten some goods and had enough left over in credit I applied it then to a BJF fuzz...til it took too long and I used the cred for something else.

11. flyingvees

flyingvees Member

Harri and Bjorn are the bomb...You will get it, and they are so cool that most people dont mind the wait...Cant wait to kill a few dozen beers with my friends at namm...:BEER

12. tonewave

tonewave Member

my pgc took a very long time compared to what I was told/expecting.
    Instead of 6 weeks it was 6 months.
    Bjorn was going through some supply issues or somesuch thing, sent out a group email saying so.
    Anyway its hard to get upset about the wait when the pedal(s) is just so good.
    My advice is to just look out on the forums and get them 2nd hand, that seems to be the quickest way to get a bjf.

13. I'm Incinerator

I'm Incinerator Supporting Member

I ordered a HBOD and EGDM last June (mid-month), I got them in mid november...about 5 month wait. I pre-paid, and I think there was some confusion around the time I was in-waiting. Bjorn is a busy guy...he's building and designing pedals and amps. Trust me, the pedals are definitely worth it (I'm waiting to get my 3rd EGDM (bought used), after buying and selling two in two years).

I think the EGDM and HBOD are board essentials for me...

14. Goodwood Audio

Goodwood Audio Member

I ordered through a guy who's email is leomuser@#######.
    He was one of the contacts for BJF pedals listed on a page with Custom Sounds etc.

Should I still email Harri @ Custom Sounds?

Thanks for the help guys.

15. Teahead

Teahead Member

That's Dean Farley, of SOB Strings. If you aren't getting any response from Dean then I don't see why you shouldn't contact Harri directly, he's the distributor, one step down from BJ on the BJFE supply chain and it is Harri who would be shipping your pedal top Dean to my knowledge.

16. Ed Reed

Ed Reed Senior Member

What's Harri's price on the EGDM and the HBOD?

17. Teahead

Teahead Member

18. emjee

emjee Member

I went on the CS site and ordered a CAF, and to order it I had to enter my CC#. Two months later I found one used, notified Harri to cancel my order. After I cancelled the order I looked at my CC statement and it had never been charged. I think he waits to charge the CC until just before he ships them.

MG

19. Teahead

Teahead Member

= the correct way to do business. :YinYang

20. Mike52

Mike52 Member

I ordered a Honey Bee on the custom sounds web site Mar 1st and got an email back Mar 4th that it was shipping that day.