Who's replaced their Flint?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Dicky, May 12, 2015.

1. Dicky

Dicky Member

I don't use the trem much and am looking for something different. I've had the Wet and a Spring Chicken among others but am looking for something new that covers a simple reverb sound.

2. MBT74

MBT74 Member

I sold mine and went back to the cheap and simple combo of Boss RV-2 and TR-2. Works just fine for me.

3. rickc007

rickc007 Gold Supporting Member

Boss RV-5

Flint was supposed to replace it, but it didn't work that way

4. Shadow Puppets

Shadow Puppets Member

Love the Flint's size and feature set, but all in all, I don't think it sounds or feels all that great. I have a Big Sky now which more than covers any reverb sound I'd ever need, so I'm changing out the Flint for a dedicated trem. Supa-Trem2 is winning on that front currently. Might also look at the Demeter Tremulator and Suhr Jack Rabbit. Looking for a very dynamic amp like tremolo.

5. FenderBigot

FenderBigot Supporting Member

Wampler Faux Spring for good sounding and simple reverb. Small size and a good price used.

6. Judas68fr

Judas68fr Member

If you're not using the tremolo, maybe it could be a good idea to replace it then. I love my Flint, but I use tremolo quite a bit, and only use the reverb sparingly (on the 70s setting with rather low decay and mix level).

7. NHBluesMan

NHBluesMan Member

swapped it for an M9 to save board space and because i didn't use the trem side much when playing live. Loved the sound and features, and i'm often tempted to go back to it, but the M9 replaced 3 pedals on my board, gave me a looper, and now i have a lot more flexibility to mess around with

8. guitarslinger21

guitarslinger21 Member

I bought the flint for the 80's plate. I prefer the dispatch master and supermoon for that sound. I don't really use trem very much. Had to sell the flint.

9. jAcKoFsPeEd

jAcKoFsPeEd Member

Rockett's coming out with a new one big knob reverb called the "Boing" somewhere around the end of May......same size and looks as the Archer. Shawn Tubbs just put out a nice video of it. Sounds good......

10. IRG

IRG Member

If Catalinbread had made their new plate reverb stereo in/out, I might have gone that route. They didn't, so I'm keeping my Flint. Still really like it a lot, and I love the tremolo side of it too. Tough pedal to replace really, because of board size for one, and finding two great sounding pedals for the same price is not necessarily easy either.

11. dnauhei

dnauhei Member

"Simple reverb sound" -- try a TC HOF on plate setting. I have a Flint, but I prefer the TC HOF.

12. garage-s

garage-s Member

I replaced my Flint with Dementer TRM-1 and a Bluesky, I do like to have shimmer reverb every now and then.

13. evanderbelt

evanderbelt Supporting Member

I'm on the lookout but there doesn't seem to be another stereo reverb with expression input other than the bigsky (too much for me) or wet (not the sound I'm after). The Flint has some frustrating quirks when using an expression pedal.

14. 0xeneye

0xeneye Supporting Member

Mobius Vintage Trem machine - I don't use reverb.

15. smitty.west

smitty.west Senior Member

Had a WET, got a Flint, kept the Flint, but went back to a WET. Only thing keeping the Flint around is that 80's mode, which is crack. I prefer the WET's overall sound, but love what 80's mode does, too; nice to have some variation. If I do end up getting rid of the Flint though, it'd probably be for a Context or BigSky (which I didn't like on guitar, but would use on keys).

16. UrbanHymns

UrbanHymns Supporting Member

There's already like 7 threads on this topic. I sold mine for a SupaTrem and EQD Dispatch Master. Both the term and reverb in those two pedals I liked better than the Flint.

17. popvulture

popvulture Member

Haha, yep - fraid I posted one of em...

I liked the 70s and 80s plates but really didn't like the spring. The trem's pretty awesome, but I didn't need than many flavors, so - bought a Super Spring Theory and got a great deal on a floor model TR-2. Happy as a pig in s**t now.