• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Who's rocking a stock basic crybaby these days?

Tbone135

I bought a Crybaby at a garage sale and threw it on my board last weekend and it sounded great. I already ran a mini buffer downstream of the wah and it worked out fine bypassed. I was going to automatically do TB mods on it, but I might not even bother now.

RBfan

Cool, I've been wanting to stumble across one of these for cheap, too. I'm playing a 535q, which I love, but I'd sort of like to have a backup. Hell, if it dies on you, just buy a drop-in kit or even the BYOC kit. I really like the overall Crybaby tone/sweep.

T

Tbone135

I do have a 535 Crybaby and it's a great little wah. I never could figure out how to mod it and it has more features than I'll ever need. I might paint the GCB-95 up and keep things simple on my board.

I've been surprised at how many pro players use a stock GCB-95.

cram

I've been rocking my stock crybaby since 1989 or so. The same damn pedal.
I keep it in a loop in front of some dirt.

Dale

I have a 535Q which has been great for me for years. I recently picked the JB Wah and really like that one as well.

Fabiano 777

I play a stock Cry Baby.
Only mod i've done in ten years is the true bypass switch, since it is a famous sucker.

RockStarNick

Gold Supporting Member
Q: Who's rocking a stock basic crybaby these days?

#1. People who have no idea how much tone they're losing with it's crap bypass system.

:p

Q: Who's rocking a stock basic crybaby these days?

#1. People who have no idea how much tone they're losing with it's crap bypass system.

:p
Wow,you just insulted nearly everyone on this thread. But ya used a smile so I guess it is ok..By the way Warren Haynes,Joe Bonamasa and Philip sayce called.they want to talk to you about tone.:p

Random Hero

I have a stock Mister Crybaby Super. Has a buffered bypass so it's a little cleaner but I'm happy with it overall.

RBfan

bandofthieves™;12380115 said:
Wow,you just insulted nearly everyone on this thread. But ya used a smile so I guess it is ok..
Ah, the intricacies of internet etiquette...

FU you MF'er!! :p

Oh, see, he used a smilie emoticon! Aww, it's all good after all!

T

I have had a stock crybaby for several years as well. It is need of some work at this point (pot and inductor replacement) so I will likely go ahead and get TB added to it.

Trending Topics