• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Whos the best tech in northern NJ?

cheebus

Im at the end of my rope, I just cant seem to find a decent tech around here, I feel like I've gone to everyone an no one does what I think is an acceptable job.

So I ask you my fellow North Jersey residents, who is the best around here?

Dave Orban

Platinum Supporting Member
In Southern/Central NJ (Burlington), I'd recommend (highly) Steve Duritt (sduritt@comcast.net).

He's done refrets and other work on all of my vintage pieces, and does great work at very reasonable prices.

scottish

There is a guy in union. his name is Rich and he runs a company called time electronics http://www.timeelect.com/

He does amazing work but you really need to stay on top of him otherwise a simple task is gonna end up taking weeks. If you are willing to babysit him in terms of time then its totally worth it. Ive had him do a few jobs for me and it usually involves calling him every couple of days to make sure he didnt forget about it.

The work is top notch though.

GAD

Wubbalubbadubdub
Gold Supporting Member
Anyone in NW NJ? I'm toying with having some serious work done to a vintage piece and I need someone I can trust.

GAD

musicman1

Bill Baker at Dave's Sound Repair, Whippany NJ. Ill be seeing him tomorrow, in fact. Was working a gig tonight and had some trouble with my output jack...Ive known him and Dave for 21 years and I trust them without giving it a second thought...

bman

+1 for Jimmy Millenchuk. He does great work... also does work for Lark Street Music.

b

Blue4Now

Gold Supporting Member
Bill Baker at Dave's Sound Repair, Whippany NJ. Ill be seeing him tomorrow, in fact. Was working a gig tonight and had some trouble with my output jack...Ive known him and Dave for 21 years and I trust them without giving it a second thought...
agreed. nothing but very positive experience with Bill

mad dog

Silver Supporting Member
+1 on Bill Baker. He's had his hands on every one of my electrics at this point. Two refrets so far, one an old ES-335. Excellent work, very easy to talk to. I would trust him with anything, and do.
MD

musicman1

As of today, Bill is not very backed up so his turn around time is very good. I wound up bringing in 2 gtrs in the end. The output jack on my MM Sport is shot and my 335 needed a new nut and a set up...

Trending Topics