Who's using a BYOC Super 8

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by yawiney, Apr 23, 2015.

1. yawiney

yawiney Member

How is the TB vs straight into amp? Sound quality? Are you able to hit the 2 buttons for the odd #s and the 3 switches for changing banks easily?
    Holding up well, reliable, ect...

Also if anyone knows somone who could assemble it for me for a fee. I've emailed BYOC about this with no response. Thanks.

2. deadlands

deadlands Member

I use one. I notice no tonal difference with the Super 8 vs. straight into amp. The button pushes take a little time to get used to, but it's not that hard. I think what was harder to get used to was that the switches activate on the release not the press. So far no issues.

Get in touch with Axe and You Shall Receive. They do pre-built BYOC pedals. Their site is under maintenance right now.

3. bduguay

bduguay Member

I build these for BYOC through Scott. If interested, I think he has a few I've built in stock ready to go.
    B.

4. Alchemy Audio

Alchemy Audio Silver Supporting Member

As an authorized US dealer, I not only build them but use them here at the shop for video demos. This is a high quality piece of gear. Top notch components and it takes up a fraction of the pedalboard space compared to the Carl Martin Octa-switch I previously used. The Super 8 features both buffered and true bypass inputs. I don't notice any signal loss with either, to be honest. As bduguay mentioned, the functions which require pressing two or three buttons simultaneously just require a bit of practice but this is a very intuitive piece of gear.