Who's using a THD cabinet with another brand head?

Random Hero

How do you like it?

I tried a THD BiValve with their 4x12, and found myself really really into what the cab was doing. The amp was cool, not really my thing, but cool, but the cabinet seemed real nice.

Plus it has a wicker grill :dude

mild

I do just that, and I LOVE it!

Goodsell Super 17 mk2 head, into a THD 2x12.

Unreal bass response, the clean tone is incredible - its ALL there. Sounds flippin' HUGE! :D

Random Hero

Do the 2x12s come with the built in high end dispersion... thing? The beam blocker type thing? They're open back too, right?

Fred McMurray

Used mine with a Dr. Z Maz 18 - pretty good results. It's a good cab, and pretty lightweight with the stock speakers considerin' the build quality and what it can do. I've got my eyes on all kindsa heads recently though, so hmmm....

mlongano

I've used my 2x12 THD with Komets, /13s, and Germinos...they all sound pretty good through the THD.

hamfist

They're open back too, right?
More like a rear-ported design. The slot is only about 2" high.
I have a clone of the THD cab, and it certainly doesn't act like an open-backed cab. More like a closed-back with a hint of airy open-backed character.

- oh, fantastic with an AC30HH head BTW !!

doobiebrother

I use mine with a mesa Lonestar classis or Shiva - both are incredible through it. Focused and articulate cab that brings out the best in the head IMO. I played last weekend with it ans the Shiva and it sounded WAAY bigger than the Marshall 4x12 set up next to it :dude

edit: no, it doesn't have the beam blockers

Trending Topics