Who's using a Timmy to boost one of these pedals....

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by RDM, Jan 5, 2008.

1. RDM

RDM Senior Member

- Barber Direct Drive
    - Barber LTD
    - OCD

I know...I know....:horse ....but I couldn't find specifics when I searched. If this has already been answered....feel free to show me the link.

If not....how's it sound? Got any soundclips? Trying to do as much research as possible before I shell out that kind of cash for a pedal.

2. cber1517

cber1517 Member

Great question! I have been thinking the exact same thing about my Direct Drive! I hope we get some helpful responses!

3. RDM

RDM Senior Member

4. RDM

RDM Senior Member

Been finding some good acticles about Timmy and an OCD and it seems they work well together. What about the Direct Drive???

5. RDM

RDM Senior Member

With all the Ti and Timmy talk...you'd think SOMEONE here has a Timmy with a DD or LTD.

6. Sixa

Sixa Member

My pedalboard
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I've tried it, but I didn't like it that much, I liked the "TS808" into both pedals better for a solo boost.

7. Leonc

Leonc Wild Gear Hearder Gold Supporting Member

Can't help you 'zactly...but I love using my Timmy to boost my Crunchbox or Okko Diablo (two very Marshallesque distortion pedals). Timmy works well with the TS808 too, IMO. I keep the gain way back on the Timmy and volume way up. Killer combo with real mid-rangey pedals.

8. Dave

Dave Member

I've used my Timmy and DD together. They work well together IMO, but I have yet to find any dirt pedal the Timmy doesn't get along with.

The Timmy is just a really useful, versatile OD. Even at the $200 used ones are selling for it's well worth it IMO. If you don't like it you can easily flip it.

9. james russell

james russell Silver Supporting Member

I love stacking the Timmy. I play mostly Stratocaster with low output pickups, and Timmy makes all my OD's sound bigger, with more sustain, and it doesn't muddy up at all. I've used Timmy stacked into a TS 808, Zendrive, NOC3 Pure Drive, and a Direct Drive. I set Timmy up mostly clean, maybe with a touch of gain, but not much. I've always stacked Timmy before the others, but the cool tone shaping in it would make it great after an OD as well. The tone controls really work great either before or after in a stack. Try it, you'll dig it!

James

10. RDM

RDM Senior Member

Sweet....thanks everyone!