Who's using a Tonebone Boneyard Pedalboard?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Hugh DaMann, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Hugh DaMann

Hugh DaMann Silver Supporting Member

I'm needing to upgrade and this looks like a very well thought out product. It's priced right and the gig bag is fine for my purposes, being a middle-aged punter. Does anyone have any experience with these? I can find very little feedback online.

Thanks.

2. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

Me!

It's everything they say it is. Freakin huge board, and the drilled in matrix is amazing. Also solid as a rock. The bag fits it perfectly.
    Comes with velcro, and holds on tight to your pedals. I bought it because it happened to be the perfect size and I love Radial Tonebone products.

My only complaint is that the pre-drilled matrix is not large enough to accomodate right-angled cables. If you're using George L or PW cablestation, you can feed the cable through the hole and then screw on the connector, however I use lava cables and they're all on top of my board. I used the matrix for my power supply, and even with all the cables on top, it still cleans it up very well. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise, as my patch cables do not touch my power supply cables.

Also, I cannot drill my powerbar to the underside because my godlyke powerall is a weird shape where it won't fit. Typical wallwarts will fit underneath fine, as well as a pedal power if desired.

Aside from this, the boneyard is excellent and the only thing I have gas for now is trailertrash.

3. Hugh DaMann

Thanks for the feedback. Anyone else...?

4. oxtone

oxtone Member

Hey Moe! Hey Moe! (ha ha...),

+++++1 on Trailertrash pedalboards!!! I'll get one when I win the Lottery- those baby's are expen$ive, but great!

Curley: "I try to think, but nothin' happens!" :D

5. RickB

RickB Member

I have had one since they came out and love it. A lot of people say that it is a waste and you can build one cheaper but I didn't want to go that route. Here is a pic of mine to give you an idea of its size. By the way, my board has changed a lot since this pic was taken. :D Oh and I have 2 PP2's mounted underneath with the cables routed up through the holes.

[​IMG]

6. Hugh DaMann

Wow! That's a nice looking board! Thanks. I think I'm taking the leap and ordering one.

7. Hugh DaMann

Hi Rick,

On a different note, don't you find the OCD and Hellbilly redundant. I keep hearing how some people prefer the Hellbilly (I love mine!) How are you using the two and how do they stack?

8. RickB

RickB Member

Yes and no. I had the OCD prior to getting the HB. At the time, I thought the OCD was it. Once I got the HB, I found myself likeing it more than the OCD. But now each serve their purpose. The HB I usually just run with the tone all the way to the left and gain cranked. The OCD I have come to use at much lower gain settings but I will still crank the gain on that one as well. So to answer your question, I don't find them redundant since I just set them differently. I have also found that setting the HB with the tone to the right and backing off the gain and then running that into the OCD can create some nice tones.

My board has changed a lot since that pic though. I have recently added a MI Audio Blues Pro which I like for really clean/low gain stuff and I have also gotten a 10th A. FD-2. The Deja has been replaced with a Mojo, the Choralflange is gone for a Keeley modded CE-2. I have a '70 on there now in place of the Neo and GI, the Keeley comp has been switched for an Arlon Prince painted 3-knob, I have added one of the new finish Analogue Filters, the Squeeze Factor, Roto-Machine, Verbzilla. The Fat-Boost is off in favor of a Keeley modded Sparkle Drive set clean......... Hopefully this weekend I can get it all wired back up and be done with it for a little while.

9. gtr777

gtr777 Supporting Member

I've been using the boneyard for a while now. It's a great pedalboard that can handle pretty much any pedal configuration. I wired it using the Planet Waves cable station and it worked out perfect. All the cables are hidden and the board looks very professional I'll try to snap some pictures of mine so you can check it out. It is big though...They also give you all the velcro and wire ties that you could need. It's pretty well thougfht out!!!

10. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

pffft, as if that doesn't apply to any radial product