Who's using a TS808 Analogman tubescreamer?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by SteveGaines, Jan 2, 2008.

1. SteveGaines

SteveGaines Member

I read a review and THEY SOUNDED KILLER....I have a Lizard Leg Boost that is WAY COOL in front of My Marshall....And was thinking about INVESTING in an Analogman TS808 Tubescreamer?....Pro and Cons?....Thanks...

2. 810wmb

810wmb Member

jumping on this one too...

what's the difference between this and keeley's mod?

3. blueprint

blueprint Member

If you are speaking about Mike's TS9 mods, you can see their descriptions on Analogman page. Pretty accurate and honest in every point.
    I have them and they are very usefull, especially in a live situation.
    Never played the Keeley's, but I think his mod is more towards gain.

4. MoPho

MoPho International Man of Leisure Silver Supporting Member

In on this too. I'm about to ship a Maxon to Mike and my head hurts from wretching over the classic or silver. Also have the Lizard Leg Flying Dragon coming soon and I'm kinda thrilled to run them together.

Soooo...bump for more insight on this here topic and any biasing you might offer of the classic over the silver.

:munch

5. donbarzini

donbarzini Member

I have the TS-808 True Vintage Mod, it's my favorite OD and I quit trying out various TS pedals since I got it.

6. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

If you can afford the silver, go for it. i ordered both at the same time for two diff pedals. . . .

the 808 is nice, just not very diff from a ts9. diff, but not very.

the silver is very diff in an excellent way. my fave sounding screamer.

meanwhile, both will be on the emporium this month. i don't use screamers on my board anymore, and will be keeping a stock ts9 and a monkey if i ever do. selling both will put 250-300 bucks back in my pocket that probably already got spent . . . . .

the silver is awesome. i don't know how to really describe it. . . except to say that its description on mike's site is dead on.

after having a true 808 for awhile, i can say this. . .. . its really not that big a deal to me. . . i even preferred the ts9 over it for my style. . .

7. JackButler

JackButler Supporting Member

What's a Lizard Leg?

8. 810wmb

810wmb Member

it's like a henway

9. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

. . . .only lighter

10. 810wmb

810wmb Member

hehhehee...gotta take 'em where you can find 'em!

11. MoPho

Lizard Leg? http://www.myspace.com/lizardlegeffects. I've got a Flying Dragon on order. Proprietor Steve Miller is a heck of a nice guy. :dude

My next tone quest will be the Dingleberry i9000 (I hear it's the latest that everyone is talking about...shhhhh).

12. SteveGaines

SteveGaines Member

http://www.lizardlegeffects.com/tqr/tqr.pdf Ordered one from Steve.. FOR JUST BOOSTING YOUR SIGNAL AND ADDING JUST A LITTLE "MORE" TO YOUR SOLOS....You can't beat it...Ran it after my OCD pedal and at times...JUST STEPPED ON THE FLYING DRAGON....With my Strat and my Marshall JCM 800 50 Watt....It had that "EDDY SHAVER" thing going on....SOUNDS GREAT WITHOUT CRANKING THE AMP.....And HE WILL STAND BEHIND HIS PRODUCT!...He calls from time to time to see how the pedal is working for you...CAN"T BEAT HIS CUSTOMER SERVICE.....:AOK

13. MoPho

Steve,
    I'm going after the TS + Flying Dragon to see how the tone is. I'm a couple of weeks away, but I've tried my share of the usual suspect overdrives and I'm more or less going back to basics and what sounds great to me. I have some Barbers and I really like them so they will get some time with the Dragon.

BTW, SC Strats into Fender DRRI. I tend to layer some sort of modulation, delay or phase at all times and a slight mid-hump swirls through modulation nicely.

14. DaveG

DaveG Gold Supporting Member

What's the price on the Flying Dragon?

15. SteveGaines

SteveGaines Member

And that is after you tell him WHAT color you want your LED light...What type of knob...And he EVEN customizes it for you...Puts your name or your BAND'S name on it....Steve is a COOL guy to deal with...

16. DaveG

DaveG Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Tripp2k & LizardLeg for the PM's. The Dragon sounds like a very cool pedal, and is definitely on my "to buy" list.

Btw, Steve just started a thread about doing a "Tour-pedal" HERE!