• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Whose in love with their Friedmans?

LARRY GERSHON

Silver Supporting Member
I am enjoying the hell out of my newest Friedman. My assessment is that while it’s a Dirty Shirley at its core, it is a much improved version of that amp. Basically what I wanted the Shirley to be to start with. View attachment 278515
What speaker is in that cab? I bought my Twin sister last month and love it. Been running it through my Vibroking 2x12 cab with v30’s but was considering a Friedman 1x12. What do you think?

What speaker is in that cab? I bought my Twin sister last month and love it. Been running it through my Vibroking 2x12 cab with v30’s but was considering a Friedman 1x12. What do you think?
Creamback 65. I really like my Dirty Shirley 112 cab. It’s light and sounds great. The DS type amps also like V30s. The best thing about the Twin Sister is the deep control. Let’s you tune the amp for a good bass response through a variety of speakers and cabinets.

To tighten the bottom end you need to swap out the tube rectifier fo a solid state. It’ll get you just what you’re looking for. I also run my TS with a mix of GB’s and V30’s and it sounds killer
View attachment 302877
I tried the ss recto thing and the one I used kind of scooped mids...... And tightened up bass but added even more lol... I tried the yellow jacket one

LARRY GERSHON

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone done any tube rolling in the DS or twin sister? I have a bunch of vintage tubes but not sure whether I am going to try them in my twin sister

DV52

I've had my BE-100 5yrs (Dave modified) it's been "a good" amp..........
Amps I Love \../
I'm glad it's a "good amp" that you have kept for five years and shown that stellar picture that has made folks drool !!!!

I picked up a Small Box a few months ago it's a good amp too :drink

Anyone done any tube rolling in the DS or twin sister? I have a bunch of vintage tubes but not sure whether I am going to try them in my twin sister
Endless amounts..... I've tried i61 mullards.... I65 amperex, for nos and for cp, eh7025, JJ ecc83s, Chinese 12ax7b,etc...... The nos is great but they made my shirley to bassy and sweet..... They work great to sweeten up. A harsh marshall but the Shirley has all that built out of it and Dave designed it around the tubes he uses..... For me I ended up liking it the best all stock except for switching the v2 from 12ax7b shuagang to another ecc83s...... But I also run a 1960b matching cab with greenbacks so it's super bassy and thick already

jbd3

Please Don't Sell Me Any More Gear
Gold Supporting Member
I own four (DS Mini combo, Twin Sister combo, BE-50 Deluxe, Wildwood BE), and I just wanted to chime in on not just how excellent their amps are, but also how fantastic their customer service is. Such a great company! They really stand behind their stuff, and all their products are excellent.

What happened to the Germino?
I ended up ordering a Ceriatone all access but haven't got it yet....... It allows me to experiment with all the Circuits, tone stacks, negative feedback, bright caps, v2a cap, rectifier, split or shared cathode etc.... So I can really get to know the different circuits and what does what...... This way I can Find out what "plexi" I actually like the most

Trending Topics