• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Who'se still using a TC G SYSTEM?

effectsman

Wondering about cleaning up my pedal board with one of these, as I will be getting an amp soon that has a serial effects loop which should enable me to make the most of the G.

I guess their design is a bit old now (although it may work brilliantly and software updates of the effects may have improved the overall sound), but who is still using one? How do you find the effects quality compared to other effects units, or stand alone pedals? What about the set up and integration hassles to get it to work in your rig?

And if you've moved onto something better, please tell me what that is, and why you let go of the G?

thanks

Bren

I've used one for about three years now, still on the second firmware update (3.0?), and I haven't wanted any other modulation, delay, or reverb since. The phaser isn't as good as most stand alone pedals, but with enough tweaking I've got some decent settings. Running in stereo to two amps, with drive pedals etc in loops. Not the full-on four cable setup but good for what I need.

DanHorse

Steven Wilson and John Wesley both use them live! well, John was using SW's G-System, so SW was using a Nova System!

effectsman

Steve Vai might still be using his...
But I bet his tech set it up for him and made sure it was working as it was supposed to.

I guess my two main concerns are 1) the quality of the effects compared with others out there in the market 2) the set up time involved in getting it working properly using the 4 cable method

wes37

Setting up patches via the PC software makes things a snap, plus the ability to channel switch, four pedal loops, and the boost feature make the G System a great all-in-one solution.

As for sound quality, I think its great. Again the PC software makes editing a
lot easier, so perhaps if you aren't happy with a sound, some tweaking is in order.

Trending Topics