Whose using Tonespotters?

BobbyRay

Silver Supporting Member
Messages
5,236
I think I'm in love with the sound of these Tonespotters with my Fuchs ODS 30 SLX! Got'em in an open backed Fuchs 2X12, and really love them.

Anyone else digging these, and with what?

I wish I had more experience with different speakers so I could give a detailed comparison.
 

carltonh

Member
Messages
1,545
I don't use them, but being the only "small magnet" Redcoat series speaker I want to try, I'm curious too. Tomo uses and likes them, but I don't remember him stating how they were different.

I'm wondering if anyone can say how they maybe different than the G12-65, or the Wizard. I get the impression that it is a little like the Wizard, maybe a little more headroom but a little less bite and presence. I hope to hear more descriptions. I also with they had 16 ohm versions to add to my 4x12 which currently has 1 Blue Dog, 1 Chicago, and 2 G12M-70s.
 

BobbyRay

Silver Supporting Member
Messages
5,236
I saw in a Two Rock related thread that they are now starting to offer the Tonespotter as an alternative to thier own 12-65 inspired Eminence made speaker.

They must be different in some ways to at least the Two Rock take on that speaker.
 

gec78221

Gold Supporting Member
Messages
1,038
Originally posted by carltonh
I don't use them, but being the only "small magnet" Redcoat series speaker I want to try, I'm curious too. Tomo uses and likes them, but I don't remember him stating how they were different.

I'm wondering if anyone can say how they maybe different than the G12-65, or the Wizard. I get the impression that it is a little like the Wizard, maybe a little more headroom but a little less bite and presence. I hope to hear more descriptions. I also with they had 16 ohm versions to add to my 4x12 which currently has 1 Blue Dog, 1 Chicago, and 2 G12M-70s.


Tomo's, using a wizard & a tonespotter mix. I'm using two tonespotter with my Bruno super 100. I'm going to mix a wizard in also. I want a little more up front sound(in you're face).
 

Tomo

Member
Messages
16,609
I love my Tonespotters in my Bob Burt V-front Cab.
So balanced bottom to top. And it's not heavy... that's plus.

Full sound and nice top end for my rhythm... if I can hear
nice top end, I can't play well. These are just great.
What else can I say?

The Tonespotter is based on G12-65. Nice smooth
mids and more power, 75 watts.

The Wizard has more big Woofy, woody, beefy tone.
If you compare both, you'll hear the Wizard got bigger
tone.(I felt that way at NAMM).

Then I have tried 2 Wizard in my Bob Burt...
Right away I felt I missed something from the
Tonespotter. Top end(for me). So now I mixed
them. You can check it out my sound clips.
(Clay Jones od sound clip thread)

Both are great. Maybe it's time to make
some sound clips?

Tomo
 

BobbyRay

Silver Supporting Member
Messages
5,236
Thanks for all the input guys.

Tomo, I think from your description for me 2 Tonespotters was the right call. I was undecided about either the Tonespotters or the Wizards and just pulled the trigger. I really feel great about the tone and feel of this current setup. That cathode biased Scott Lerner tweaked Fuchs 30 and the Tonespotters seems to be pretty special.

I better stick to this...It's working great!
:dude
 
G

glasman

Originally posted by Tomo
Both are great. Maybe it's time to make
some sound clips?

Tomo
Tomo that would be great I would love to hear the tone spotters and wizards with the same amp, cab and your hands.

I have been considering trying the tone spotters on my next amp project.

Gary
 

Tomo

Member
Messages
16,609
Originally posted by glasman
Tomo that would be great I would love to hear the tone spotters and wizards with the same amp, cab and your hands.

I have been considering trying the tone spotters on my next amp project.

Gary

Hi Gary,

Here we go!

1) Fender SRV Strat
Fuchs 50 (clean)
Clay Jones OD pedal
Bob Burt V-front w/ Tonespotter & Wizard

CJODclip#1


2) Same set up/Clean tone.
OctDelFunkclip#1

Just idea, what do you think?

Thanks,

Tomo
 
G

glasman

Originally posted by Tomo
Hi Gary,

Here we go!

1) Fender SRV Strat
Fuchs 50 (clean)
Clay Jones OD pedal
Bob Burt V-front w/ Tonespotter & Wizard

CJODclip#1


2) Same set up/Clean tone.
OctDelFunkclip#1

Just idea, what do you think?

Thanks,

Tomo
Those clips sound really nice. I think I will buy a couple of the Tonespotters and mix them in with the Wizards that I have on hand.

Thanks for the clips Tomo!

Gary
 

BobbyRay

Silver Supporting Member
Messages
5,236
Tomo...I caught both your clips and Scott Lerner's on the Eminence site! Great work from both of you. To have talent and work ethic like you two would be nice, but I'm a lazy, lazy man! Two fantastic players, and in my experience solid people!
 

Tomo

Member
Messages
16,609
Hi BobbyRay,

Thank you for checking out!

I just push myself on edge all the time!
If I don't decide my schedule... nothing happen..

I made more clips with Fuchs 50 and Eminence 's
Wizard. I just have to pick right takes. I recorded
so many of them... you'll hear my Strat, ES335..
clean, od tone.

Thank you! Enjoy your guitar.

Tomo
 

Tomo

Member
Messages
16,609
Thanks for all the input guys.

Tomo, I think from your description for me 2 Tonespotters was the right call. I was undecided about either the Tonespotters or the Wizards and just pulled the trigger. I really feel great about the tone and feel of this current setup. That cathode biased Scott Lerner tweaked Fuchs 30 and the Tonespotters seems to be pretty special.

I better stick to this...It's working great!
:dude
One of my Pro Reverbs got Tonespotters. I love it!

I also like Eminence's Red Fang & Private Jack mix.

Red Ryder... Stone Hendge is great to HB.

Tomo
 

rockon1

Platinum Supporting Member
Messages
13,271
I used to love em. Something happened cause I just cant get along with the upper mids/treble it produces. To aggressive or something.:dunno Bob
 

BobbyRay

Silver Supporting Member
Messages
5,236
I used to love em. Something happened cause I just cant get along with the upper mids/treble it produces. To aggressive or something.:dunno Bob
Wow...Dug up an old one!

How many amps have I been through since then.....whoa!
 




Trending Topics

Top