Why am I looking at another delay?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mysticaxe, Mar 1, 2012.

1. mysticaxe

mysticaxe Member

I play primarily with high gain (Fryette Sig:X or JCM800 w/boost). I have a Timefactor in the loop that I use 3-4 types of presets on, but I find I can't stop looking at other delay pedals. The main presets I use are off of the vintage delay algorithm (one on the digital, but I set it up for darkening repeats). One of the vintage delays I use for my chorus/delay sound. Usually, I'm using delay during solos. Once or twice, I'll use the .1/8 mode.

I have a Flashback at home that I love, but I think the Timefactor sounds a little better for most of what I'm using it for. Not having a couple presets or easily tappable changes in time are keeping me from putting it on my main board.

The main pedals that I'm looking at are the VMSD, MLjr, and El Capistan. I realize these are all very different pedals, but how do they sound in the loop in a higher gain situation?

2. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

I don't know... I'm glad the Echopark came out cause it's it for me. But I've kinda gotten tired of hearing delay. Thats just me though.

3. Hey_wilson

Hey_wilson Member

Not sure how it sounds in the loop but the El Capistan sounds great no matter how much gain you pump in it

4. mysticaxe

mysticaxe Member

How does the VMSD sound compared to the Timefactor?