• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Why are you okay using a noise reduction pedal?

Bufferz

curious to hear what has caused noise reduction pedal owners to purchase an additional pedal rather than using that money to purchase a better PSU or to replace noisy units.

john l

Silver Supporting Member
I dont use one now but I have a decimator socked away incase I need it. If you play out youll come to understand that somethings are out of your control and in a pinch (on stage) sometimes its easier and faster to treat a symptom rather than find the problem.

Flight1311

I don't use my Decimator live because the additional noise doesn't really bother me, nor is it something a crowd can hear. However, at home, it's nice not having that hiss right in my face.

Bufferz

I dont use one now but I have a decimator socked away incase I need it. If you play out youll come to understand that somethings are out of your control and in a pinch (on stage) sometimes its easier and faster to treat a symptom rather than find the problem.
Gotcha, I usually play same venue so it makes sense I haven't encountered this. BTW I noticed your signature and I have to say I have been wanting to try that tubescreamer amp

Waxhead

cause if you play with high gain there will be noise/feedback battles no matter how good your rig
exactly right.....plus
If you like a totally quiet rig then a good noise supressor is a must :)
Players with real noisy rigs annoy me

Agreed

Something like 18 dirt pedals in the loop and the ISP Decimator G-String's buffered loop pulls double duty, driving the line without losing highs and also allowing me to have my cake and eat it too w/r/t dirt pedals + compressor. (Comp up front, it'll track the signal like a champ; reverb and delay post-loop, obviously).

One of the most expensive and definitely the most worthwhile "utility pedal" purchases I've ever made.

Selsaral

Yeah I tried several noise reducers until I just went to noiseless single coil pickups. A much better solution for me. Areas have less noise than a HB.

Mr. Limbic

if your using drive pedals then i would reccommend Amptweaker stuff with built in noise-gates...i got one awhile back and just started endorsing them, they are incredible!

Magicpad

cause if you play with high gain there will be noise/feedback battles no matter how good your rig

+1 . I play my Mesa roadster on the red channel, even with the guitar plugged straight in there's still a good amount of pre-amp hiss. Not noticeable at very low volumes, but it gets a little crazy when cranked up.

Waxhead

Ya, I have no noise issues with lace sensors
I got em on my Strat Plus too.
It's high gain that produces PUP, pedal and/or amp humm.
Single coils don't deliver bone crushing gain.
Humbuckers & Filtertrons do and they're equally silent as the Lace Sensors.
A good noise supresser in your loop will eat your PUP, pedal and amp noise :)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom