• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Why Can't Gibson Enviers Just Give in, and Buy a Gibson?

bertramladner

Silver Supporting Member
I’ve had an LP Standard and also a Standard Plus they were excellent guitars. I like single coils more however

twostring

Depends on the Gibson. I've owned a few, but the only one I've kept is the Tennessean, which is a fantastic guitar. I wanted an Explorer...never found an Explorer I liked...ended up buying a used '97 Hamer Standard and it's amazing. Same with Les Pauls. Never had one worth keeping, but I now have 2 PRS SE models that I couldn't find a reason to get rid of if I tried. It all depends on the specific guitar and your wants/needs.

70' s Tone

I purchase Gibsons that have Epiphone on the head-stock and save a bundle. ;)
Wonderful instruments that get the job done at a fraction of the price.
Keep up the stellar work Epiphone/Gibson!!! :)
This has been a non-paid advertisement for an American company that caters to both ends of the financial spectrum.
And now for the obligatory pic...:rolleyes:

I have epiphone and Ibanez
2 les pauls
3 335 copies
an sg

with string butlers, new pups and electronics...maybe a new bridge or 2 I have great tone, playability, and no tuning issues period

each guitar cost me 1/3 after mods of what a Gibson would cost...the name on the soon to be broken headstock aint worth it to me

Goldie Glocks

I mean everyone on the interwebz and the guitar world in general is talking about Gibson at the moment. Here at the TGP there have been a lot of Conspiracy threads and whole lot more Gibson threads lately. I'm not sayin' it's a conspiracy but...

KevWind

Is it just me or is the title and premise of this thread just specious speculation that "Gibson Enviers" are even a thing ?
Personally I love the idea of living in time where I ( average Joe guitar consumer) has myriad brand choices at multiple price points for similar styles of guitars

KevWind

I purchase Gibsons that have Epiphone on the head-stock and save a bundle. ;)
Wonderful instruments that get the job done at a fraction of the price.
Keep up the stellar work Epiphone/Gibson!!! :)
This has been a non-paid advertisement for an American company that caters to both ends of the financial spectrum.
And now for the obligatory pic...:rolleyes:
Nice bunch of Supros :aok:aok:aok

KevWind

Very nice indeed. Great guitar, too.
I'm guessing it's the highly coveted Supro Titian (50w) with matching 12" extension cab?
Vintage Guitar Magazine gave it a nice review.
https://www.vintageguitar.com/30619/supros-titan-1642rt/
Love the blue rhino-hide covering.
I have several and cherish them.
Yes Titan and Cab and PRS CE 24 Thanks I'll read the review. I thought it was pretty savvy that the Extension cab is slanted slightly up.
Wow you have more Supro's than any store I've seen, very cool

Bodeanicus

You can like the product without liking the company. I currently own 2 Gibsons and had others in the past, but it doesn't stop me from throwing shade. :dunno
I think it's just a throwback to our pack ape days that most people feel a primal urge to belong to some tribe, or team. Whether it's politics, social and ethical issues, sports, movies, cars, you name it. I felt it in Junior high, like most people. The need to "fit in." It's almost completely gone, now. I like what I like, and if you don't, that's fine. It doesn't make me angry, and I don't takeout as personal insult. But some folks sure take it that way. I don't understand it, and don't want to.

Bodeanicus

A long time ago I had one with a maple neck and a volute at the back of the headstock. If they would make them that way again I'd consider buying one.
I wish they'd make 2 lines: Traditional, and Modern.

Traditional would be like the 50's models, obviously.

Modern would be a redesigned headstocks with straight sting pull and a sane 10 degree back angle, sculpted neck heel joint, roller or self lubricating nut, roller or self lubricating bridge. But not with the garish PRS paint jobs. Unless you want that.

PS: I know they tried most of those things before, and the cork sniffers who can afford new Gibsons rejected them.

Trending Topics