Why can't I ever get the easy fix?

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
I'm SOOOOO tired of it!

It doesn't matter if a guitar, pedal or amp goes down on me, it's NEVER the easy fix!!!!!!!

People will say that tube amp problems are 90% tube related, and that all you gotta do with that wah pedal is spray contact cleaner in there and you'll be fine but it's NEVER the case for me!

Ultimately I go the "easy" route and all it ever does is costing me more than if I'd just taken it to a tech in the first place.

My Fulltone wah has taken a dump after a few years of VERY light use (impossibly light use) and I finally sprung for contact cleaner instead of just buying a pot.....money down the drain. It's the pot and the cleaner didn't do jack....

Time to revisit the Zvex wah probe.....

timmy2tone

Welcome to my world! :mad: I used to think that the worst always happened to me and nothing has ever been easy. It's the absolute truth, but look at all we've learned going thru all that cr@p. :D

OilsFan

Silver Supporting Member
I can sympathize, I often buy broken effects and repair them. Plus I have to take care of my own old stuff. I recently had trouble with one of my DEP-5's and when I attempted to fix it I went completely down the wrong path. I made a video of the repair and I did not cut out the unnecessary part swap I did. It happens with the process of elimination. Sometimes (often actually) it's just not a simple fix.

bgmacaw

Tell me about it. I was trying to rewire an old hollow body of mine tonight and for some reason it just won't work. I suspect it's a grounding problem but it certainly isn't an obvious one. I've done multimeter testing everywhere and it all looks good but still no sound. Of course, it being a hollow body makes things much more difficult.

Been trying to fix my vibro Champ's tremolo. New tubes,new pots, new caps. Still doesn't work.

Cruciform

Sorry that didn't fix your wah, but at least you have a can of contact cleaner hanging around now. Useful!

coltonius

Señor Member
Just dealt with the same thing on a buddy's Hot Rod Deluxe.. I know all about discharging caps and proper safety procedures, but I got frustrated/in a hurry and paid for it with a hearty zap!

Fortunately, I'm alive to tell the tale. Patience is key!

Trending Topics