Why can't I start a thread in the classified ads?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by stratmaster48, Jan 5, 2008.

1. stratmaster48

stratmaster48 Member

2. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

You need to wait past the obligatory 'waiting period'.
    It's to ensure that there aren't any people registering with the sole purpose of offloading gear.

-Ben

3. guitarist58

guitarist58 Member

Just have to wait until the 30 days are up :)

4. lcjc800

lcjc800 Member

you may actually want to go back and READ the user agreement you clicked on when you joined The Gear Page, it may help you avoid similar and other situations that may arise from behaving less than agreed to.

5. Flyin' Brian

Flyin' Brian Member

I wish I could get all of the people who click the agreement without reading first to click a "I will sell Brian all of my gear for $1.00" section.

6. lcjc800

lcjc800 Member

what about me...?

:munch

7. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

Quoted because it bears repeating.

8. modernp

modernp Member

Were musicians not politicians, start acting like it and loosen up some. Give the guy a break.

9. utterhack

utterhack Member

Only play when the moon is full.

10. stratmaster48

stratmaster48 Member

I'm a 6 year member over at harmonycentral, does that pull any weight over here?

11. Thwap

Thwap Silver Supporting Member

Oh...yeah, but not the good kind of weight.:D

12. welcometoashley

welcometoashley Member

Chicago (Humboldt Park/Ukrainian Village)
    no... different forum w/ different rules here on TGP....

13. Scumback Speakers

Scumback Speakers Gold Supporting Member

Nope... sorry.

14. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

Be easy on the poor guy, he didn't mean no harm. We all have clicked on something or another on the internet without carefully reading it at one time or another to get quickly to the next page!

15. Stressfest

Stressfest Supporting Member

Ya gotta lose them training wheel and click over atleast a thousand posts... :D

16. Tonefish

Tonefish Member

Didn't they tell you about the initiation?:crazyguy

17. TimH

TimH Member

It forces you to pull the weight of most of us not liking HC...welcome to TGP. You'll soon realize why we don't go to HC anymore.

18. stratmaster48

stratmaster48 Member

too many trolls?

19. TimH

TimH Member

yup...and too many cocky 15 year olds telling me I should buy a 5150 and DOD Grunge pedal to get the ultimate death metal tone

20. Scumback Speakers

Scumback Speakers Gold Supporting Member

From what I hear, that's one reason. The other is the typical review is either one extreme to the other, from

"Dude, this pedal rules, you have to get one, it's the best. I've only been playing six weeks, but this pedal totally changed my tone for the better with my Valvestate/solid state/sub $100 amp! You HAVE to get one NOW!"

Or:

"This (fill in the blank) is the worst POS I've ever tried in my 60 years of playing on the guitar. You would be a total ass to spend any money with these guys as they just SUCK! May I suggest you look at (fill in the blank) which I use almost exclusively...Here's the website to my bro's (fill in the blank) site to order!"

I haven't gone to HC in years, because that's mostly what I read over there. Reviews are fine, if they're qualified with some experience and some backup to your claims as to why (fill in the blank) is or isn't what you expected. Mostly there are no qualifications, so you don't know if you're talking to a 12 year old, or someone who's played 12 years. In addition, I find the lack of actual club or touring experience means that (fill in the blank) has only been played in the bedroom, jam room, or garage and isn't a real world example of what you'd expect in a live situation.

And beyond that, there are some real players (with skills, chops and recording experience with bands or people you'd recognize) here...which I have yet to find at HC.

Ok, that should pretty much outline what I've read about HC here. Yes, I know they basically call the TGP members out for being corksniffers, elitists, and God knows what else.

But to that I only have to ask "If you could drive a Ford Focus or a BMW, Mercedes, Hummer, or Porsche, which one would you choose if you could?"

Good tone does cost real money (witness the $40k I spent on speakers before considering selling speakers), and the basic opinion is that not many on HC spend what they should to get the tone they want.

Ok, I think that covers most of it. Hope that helped explain things a bit. Welcome to the TGP.