• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Why can't we answer the Go&&am question ??

louis

Silver Supporting Member
Hi everyone !

Today , I was reading and looking for
some answers about a few things and
it jumped in my face that we don't read
and answer a straight forward simple question
and I'm sure I did it myself ! ,........ Here's an
example of what I mean ,

Anyone compared the Falcon 1 with Minotaur ?

Answer,......

1..........The Arc is Awesome !
2..........Nothing's better than the Stud
3..........I have a Mythical OD and ......
4..........Bla-bla-bla...........etc.......
5..........Oh did I forget Timmy ?????

My guess is that a lot of us are blond
and just can't read the question !.......lol ...!!

Last edited:

Noise Under The Floor

A happy-go-lucky chap, always dressed in black.
Platinum Supporting Member
There was never a Minotaur aboard the Falcon...it was a Wookie.

I don't like the DOD Grunge, it doesn't sound like a Klon.

IBTL.

Class5

It makes one wonder how some performed in their school exams.

Q: What is the square root of 396?

A: Beijing

Noise Under The Floor

A happy-go-lucky chap, always dressed in black.
Platinum Supporting Member
Oh Gee's !!............I think I've created a Monster !! :jo
Not hard to do here. I know where you're coming from though. Ask something very specific and you get answered with completely unrelated bunk. Usually along the lines of "I have a (insert gear name)" Oh and there seems to be some obligatory Boss BD-2 response 90% of the time when you're talking about distortion pedals. Q: "Which has more gain....a Barber Dirty Bomb or Bogner Red?" A: "Get a BD-2, that's what I use, I love it." :jo

Holzar1988

Gold Supporting Member
I think there are at least three reasons for "thread drift."

1.) One of the main reaons people come to a forum is to participate in a conversation, and they're likely to jump in even if what they have to say is slightly off topic.

2.) It's really easy to read a thread title, skim a first post, then jump to the last post before writing something yourself that may be off topic by then.

3.) Forums on the Internet are by nature a kind of content that most of us skim at high speed. I don't read The Gear Page exactly like a read a novel, and that makes it easy to miss important details (which I did recently by missing a word in a post that mad a lot of difference and made me look like a total idiot).

I'm not saying these are good things, mind you, just observing the nature of the medium.

louis

Silver Supporting Member
I think there are at least three reasons for "thread drift."

1.) One of the main reaons people come to a forum is to participate in a conversation, and they're likely to jump in even if what they have to say is slightly off topic.

2.) It's really easy to read a thread title, skim a first post, then jump to the last post before writing something yourself that may be off topic by then.

3.) Forums on the Internet are by nature a kind of content that most of us skim at high speed. I don't read The Gear Page exactly like a read a novel, and that makes it easy to miss important details (which I did recently by missing a word in a post that mad a lot of difference and made me look like a total idiot).

I'm not saying these are good things, mind you, just observing the nature of the medium.
Very good point !!
Also when an OP ask's if someone A/B 'd Two pedals,
a lot of us with no experience between those two will
dare to answer anything without the knowledge,
just like Six String Zombie said.

I agree 100% with the OP. I'm guilty of it also, though.

Who likes BEER????? :)
Thank's !...........Now I have a buddy !!........lol l

Love Beer !!

Last edited:

On the flip side of this is an OP who you'll answer exactly, and they will be like thats not what i meant!
That kinda bugs me.

Or just extremely vague questions...

But on point, yes most people do not answer the question. Analogue delay suggestions are mostly digital. Tape delay, try an echorec.

To be fair fender calls vibrato, tremolo and tremolo, vibrato. So miss reading is just inherent in the guitar world.

RSRD

I think the real root of the problem is that we, as gear people, want to validate what we have. So if someone asks for, say a delay, most people will just suggest whatever's on their board.

The thing that drives me nuts is how most people don't explain WHY they made the suggestion.

We are all guilty ;)

sanhozay

klon free since 2009
Gold Supporting Member
the best show on television is bob's burgers

highly recommended

pappafox

Q; How do I run pedal a into pedal b? I play an X into Y.
A; 1) Those pick-ups gotta go.
2) Swap out the speakers.
3) That transformer is a real turd..upgade!

That's what I did and I Loved that amp until I got rid of it.

Whalestone

I believe that our education over here at tgp should help the U.S, or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for our children.

Funky54

... We'll after reading this thread I guess I won't mod a blues jr, I'll just buy another amp.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom