Why can't we answer the Go&&am question ??

fahrner

Think this is the same phenomenon.
Amazon has a new feature where you can ask a question about a particular product. Suspect the thinking is that some kind soul with experience with the product will answer from actual experience.
What i see often times is that a person will answer with something else entirely and even admitting they don't have the information.
Example;
Q: Can someone tell me what this item measures at the lower bout.
A: Well, I don't know the answer to that but the red color is really nice.
I think what this means is that there are a lot of lonely people out there just reaching out and looking to be heard. Maybe their wives (or husbands) just don't listen to them.
So; the bottom line is, it's not just us. Has nothing to do with our obsession for good (or bad) gear. It's everywhere.

Last edited:

Lolaviola

Silver Supporting Member
Don't you know that you run the risk of getting bad info unless you give all the pertinent details of your set up like brand of tubes, neck wood, pickup resistance, brand of patch cables, thickness of pick, width of insole, etc, etc...

louis

Silver Supporting Member
Think this is the same phenomenon.
Amazon has a new feature where you can ask a question about a particular product. Suspect the thinking is that some kind soul with experience with the product will answer from actual experience.
What i see often times is that a person will answer with something else entirely and even admitting they don't have the information.
Example;
Q: Can someone tell me what this item measures at the lower bout.
A: Well, I don't know the answer to that but the red color is really nice.
I think what this means is that there are a lot of lonely people out there just reaching out and looking to be heard. Maybe their wives (or husbands) just don't listen to them.
So; the bottom line is, it's not just us. Has nothing to do with our obsession for good (or bad) gear. It's everywhere.
Agreed ! ..................unfortunatly !

Lou

UncleLarry

If the questions asked here were simply answered, all of the threads on TGP would be less than a page. :)

louis

Silver Supporting Member
How about all the times some asks for an inexpensive pedal and people start out with 200+ dollar options?
That is so true !!....and a lot of time , they say
you should wait and get this that cost's 3 times
the amount ............but maybe the OP is
just a kid who's starting and doesn't have
the money to buy big right now or a full grown
who can't afford it .

Peteyvee

Premium Platinum Member
Don't you know that you run the risk of getting bad info unless you give all the pertinent details of your set up like brand of tubes, neck wood, pickup resistance, brand of patch cables, thickness of pick, width of insole, etc, etc...
1.) NOS RCA in my Fenders, my Marshalls use NOS Mullard/GEC or straight NOS Mullard...at least when I installed them they were NOS.
2.) Mahogany or Maple
3.) LP Special (P-90s) 7.4 neck, 7.9 Bridge, other guitars may vary.
4.) Quantum
5.) Fender 351 heavys (0.96mm)
6.) D

Can I get some good info now? :D